Chapter 2

"Which story Issi?"

"A good one," was what she responded with.

I laughed a little. "I know you want a good one but which one do you want?"

"Um," Issi slid over to her bookshelf, which held millions of fairy tales, I'd once thought I'd die from old age trying to count them all.

She stood there in a trance, not moving, not even breathing, she just...stood there.

"Cam?" I called to my brother. "Can you come help with..."

"This one!" She called, picking up a book. "Cinderella."

"Ah, your favorite," I noted, still shaking from what had just happened.

"Can you read it?"

"How about you read it to me, I want to hear you read,"

"No," Issi demanded. I started noticing changes in her appearance. Her once blond hair grew into darker, greasier strands, and her emerald eyes morphed into blood red ones. "You read it." Her voice was the same, but it was echoing through my body, sending a shiver down my smile, it sounded like she had said it a billions times before and just replayed those times.

"Is, I think you're pretty tired," I didn't know what to do, there was a demon girl next to me and she demanded to be read to.

"Read it."

For a second she switched into her normal self. "Please," And back again to the monster. "Read it." I stepped away, almost knocking over a toy she had on the ground. She thrust the book back at me, turned back to normal, and climbed into her bed.

After reading Issi's favorite story, I kissed her lightly on the forehead and watched her eyes, now normal, flutter closed. "Goodnight Issabel." I whispered. "Don't go crazy on me again." I walked out of her room and shut the door softly. Silently I walked to my own room, a cramped up, peeling paint wood bedroom with a small bed and a dresser across from it. I laid down, unable to go to sleep, and hoped.

My eyes stayed open and my ears tried to pick up the white noise of crickets, but all I could hear was faint cries from my father's room. I wanted to comfort him, wanted to tell him that everything was fine, but of course, my dad would listen to no one. I walked down the haunting hallway, looking at dusty portraits. We were once a rich family, our mother belonged to the king of Zemira, but now that she was gone, everything seemed out of place.

I knocked on the door three times and whispered, "Dad?" More weeps. Then I heard the door open. The person standing there, with red eyes and black hair, was certainly not my dad. 

Sorry this chapter was so short, I will try to make them longer, also sorry for leaving you on a cliffhanger but no one is really reading this so...I'll probably have the next chapter at least up and running before you finish this. ;)