Chapter 9

"This way!" He yelled, waving us towards the door. It wasn't long before we got there, but when we did our hopes fell apart.

The guarding was heavy, too heavy to break down. I could hear our mysterious helper fire back to back gunshots. They pierced through my ears, nevertheless, I was grateful he had came.

Lorcan groped for my hand and yanked me over to him painfully. "Listen, this Kaliver dude can't hold them off much longer, soon we'll have to leave the Lab."

"No." I protested, tugging away from him. "The only reason he's helping us is because he wanted to come with us. We have to wait for him."

Lorcan bit his lip and shook his head. "Whatever you wish, should I add a 'my lady' to the end of that?"

I turned around to help the mysterious intruder, only to find I was shielded behind something.

"Get to the outside!" Kaliver yelled. "Run as far as you can."

"You're coming right?"

Kalivers eyes widened as more guards came sprinting towards him. He defleacted them with a sword, earning us time. "I hope so."

Following Kalivers commands, I ran to grab Lorcan, then, we luckily spirited away, not caught...until a guard saw us going.

"Get them!" He commanded, yelling to his peers. "Make sure they don't get out!" He was shot by Kaliver. At first I didn't know wether to be thankful or terrified, but in the end I decided that running would solve that problem.

Soon my legs grew tired, and I panted, out of breath. Lorcan, not knowing where he was going, although he said he did, had turned us around many times. When I finally saw the exit, it was blocked.

I heard one of the guards laugh coldly, and I felt my heart thundering. I was ready to scream. If I would have known back when I left that I would be attempting suicide, I would have stayed home. "Looks like you're out of time." He laughed. His hands pressed down lightly on the trigger.

"No." Someone said from behind us. "You're out of time." The masked Kaliver handed us a rope, and started shooting.

I had no idea what to do with the rope, I thought he had just found it, and we would leave it here with us to die. Lorcan had other plans.

He grabbed my hand before I knew what was happening, and when I blinked, we were in the air.

"We're gonna have to jump off soon!" Lorcan said over the wind. It was quiet and hard to understand, but I knew he didn't want the guards to hear his plan. "I'm going to count to three."

"One." I closed my eyes. The chances we were to land on a guard member, or maybe not even get out of the Lab, were great.

"Two." I braced myself for the impact of the fall I was about to take.

Lorcan jumped off the rope.

He fell in the grass, sitting down, I lay awkwardly in his arms.

Once I got up, I felt the need to strangle him. "You said you would count to three!" I yelled.

Lorcan looked confused. "Did I not count to three?"

I scoffed. "You counted to two!"

Lorcan got up, eyes widening from something behind me. "I hate to break up this argument, but we have trouble...I will be happy to argue later though." I turned around.

Hundreds upon thousands of tiny black dots. Every second which passed, the dots got bigger.

Until they were life sized.

"Lorcan?" I mumbled, not turning my gaze away.. "Permission to run?"

"Permission very much granted."

We ran.

We ran until we heard gunshots, and a sole pattern of footsteps climb towards us. I turned around to see Kaliver, who took off his mask.

It revealed the same person who had put a gun to our head.

HOPE YOU ENJOYED!!!! IF THIS STORY REACHES 100 VEIWS I WILL BE PSHYCED AND YOU WILL HAVE ANOTHER STORY TO HOPEFULLY ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!--Why was that in caps lock?? ALSO: (again with the caps) I AM HAVING A COOL FANART THINGY!!!!! IF YOU WANT TO JOIN PM ME A PICTURE OF THE FANARTTTTTT! PEOPLE I'M FRIENDS WITH IRL ARE DOING IT SO YOU CAN TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Ignore this message if you are Amberwings, Supercoolkitten, or someone else who has already drawn something)