Chapter 46

"So that's what's been bothering you," Luke said under his breath. "I figured that was it." He sighed. He didn't say another word as he simply ran a hand through his hair and sat on the table in front of me.

I stared at him while he kept looking down at his feet that wouldn't stay still. I narrowed my yes at him, "That's all you're going to say?" I asked, feeling a single tear spill from the corner of my eye. He had basically just confirmed it for me and it was the same as a stab to my chest, or even my back.

"I assumed there wouldn't be much to talk about." He replied, looking up at me with an emotionless face.

"There wouldn't be much to talk about?" I repeated, getting up off of the couch and standing in front of him. "There's more than enough to talk about." I told him, somehow offended at what he had to say. It was completely hypocritical of me since I had barely spoken to him for the past few days and I knew that, but now wasn't the exact time to be quiet.

He shrugged his shoulders, "You know what happened, there's no point in arguing about some stupid thing I did." It was evident he felt guilty, he never knew how to make himself not obvious.

I raised my eyebrows at him. "Luke, this 'stupid thing' that you did is a big deal." My jaw tightened as the words came out of my mouth. I watched as his grip on the table had slowly turned his knuckles white. I laughed, having it come out more as a scoff than anything else. "You realize that this makes you as much as a sleaze as the guy before you, right?"

He snapped his head up to look at me, his eyebrows creasing. "Those are two completely different things." He told me.

"The scenario might be different, but the outcome sure as hell isn't." I replied, walking away from him as my arms crossed over my chest. I stopped walking and spun back around to him to find him heading towards me. "You knew that there was a big chance of messing things up and I can't believe that you still went with it." I choked out, trying my best to keep my tears back.

"Autumn, I know you're not okay with it and that you had a bad experience with it, but-"

"If you knew then why did you do it?" I cut him off and he immediately stopped speaking. He sighed once again, trying to keep his calm and not get frustrated with me.

"I didn't think you'd react like this." He quietly said, now staring down at me. I felt a single tear roll down my cheek and seconds later there was a soft hand on my cheek. "Baby. Autumn. Don't-"

"You do realize you can't fix this, right?" I softly told him as I pulled back from his thumb that was wiping the water under my eye.

"I don't see why you're getting so upset. It was a one time thing. The only reason I kept it from you was because I didn't think it was something that was worthy of sharing with you. It was a dumb decision." He explained, tugging at his hair.

I shook my head at him, not even wanting to even have to deal with this at the moment. I could give myself a few hours and figure out what I wanted to do then, but as of right now I was clueless of what to do.

"Alright, well, I'm really not in the mood to hear the bullshit story you have prepared, so I'm just going to grab a bag and head down to Natalie's." I told him with a disgustingly sweet tone. I walked around him and towards my room and I figured he would follow.

"Wait, what?" He asked, catching up to my side as I neared my door. I glanced over my shoulder at him then grabbed my doorknob, swiftly letting myself into my room. I searched for a small bag as Luke watched from my doorway. "You don't need to leave." He said after a few moments, his confused expression carefully watching me as I crouched down and picked clothes from my bottom drawers.