Chapter 37

"Autumn." Luke whined, just as we were about to get out of his car and go towards the pavilion where the wedding was being held.

Travis and his girlfriend's, or soon to be wife's, wedding was simply our close family at one of the nicest beaches New York had. It was a richer part of the state and the huge houses and perfectly landscaped acres of land showed that. Then when you put it with the thin stripped sand along the dark water topped off the expensive taste.

"Luke, we're going to be fine." I told him. He stuck his bottom lip out at me as he did for the whole car ride over here. He was now the one afraid of showing up as a couple rather than friends.

"What if your parents don't like me?" He shot me a worried look and all I could do was glare at him.

"What do you mean what if they don't like you? They've known you since you were Effy's age." I laughed, turning in my seat to face him.

"What if they don't like us together?" He asked, nibbling at his bottom lip. I sighed lightly, glancing down at his hand on the center console and placing mine right over his.

"Luke." I said, trying to convince him simply with the tone of my voice. Despite all the worries I had before, I knew the chance of them disapproving was at a minimum. "Your parents took it perfectly fine so I'm sure mine would too." I assured him.

"Okay." He sighed, getting out of the car as I collected the few things I had and met him at the back of his car.

The cool wind blew lightly against my bare legs and I instantly regretted wearing a dress that was preferably for summer instead of spring. I ran a hand through my hair as Luke did too, trying to keep it our of our faces.

"I don't think your hair is moving." I joked, watching his fingers ruffle through his light hair.

"Shut up." He muttered, grabbing my hand and intertwining my fingers as we followed the people walking out to the pavilion.

It was a short walk and even then we still made it with just a second to spare. If we wouldn't of had our morning struggle that made us half an hour behind, then we would've been fine.

There were a few rows of chairs set out and I instantly spotted my parents along with my two sisters. I hurried towards them, practically dragging Luke behind me. We sat right behind them and exchanged hugs and hellos quickly before the ceremony started.

Luke draped his arm around the back of my chair, keeping it there unless he fidgeted around or decided it was mature to pull at my hair. We still hadn't gotten any questions from my family, but I think they were too surprised at the fact that their oldest son was getting married, as we all were.

It was about halfway through when I seemed to notice something that I'm surprised hadn't come up earlier. I glanced at Luke then back to the couple then back to him, catching his attention by doing so.

"What?" He whispered, trying not to distract anyone around us.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Does she look a little different to you?" I asked, seeing if Luke could point out the small things I noticed.

He shrugged his shoulders as he didn't notice anything.

"I think Sarah might have a baby bump." I muttered to him, keeping my eyes on the bride.

"Maybe," He said, peering down at me. "If you're in luck you'll be an aunt in a few months." He pulled me in tighter to him as I just shook my head. If my family needed just a touch f more chaos, this would be it.

The ceremony ended and now we had found ourselves gathering our things to head out to the reception, the only people being left in the pavilion being my family and Luke plus two of Sarah's relatives.