Chapter 26

My heavy eyes were opened to reveal my dimmed house to me, telling me that no one was home. It was then I could feel my aching body and a light snore in my ear from the other heavy body clinging onto me.

The arm of the couch had been my pillow all night and it looked as if I was Luke's pillow. His arms were wrapped rather tightly around my waist and his head was resting on my shoulder as our legs stayed tangled together. The position had been comfortable enough to sleep up, but now seeing that I spent 8 hours in the spot, I had changed my mind about it.

I rested my elbow on his shoulder and brought my hand up to his flattened hair. I ran my fingers through his hair as I searched around for my phone, seeing that it was all the way across the room and was sitting on a table.

I frowned slightly and began looking for Luke's phone. After it not being in sight, I wriggled underneath Luke's arms to search my pockets but was out of luck. Just as his grip on me tightened, I noticed his back pocket lighting up and immediately reached out to grab it. He stirred around lightly, causing me to freeze in my spot. He stopped after a few seconds and I went back to pulling the phone out.

"Autumn, please stop touching my butt." Luke mumbled. I was startled by his voice since I wasn't expecting him to speak since his eyes were still closed and his breath was still steady.

"I didn't mean to!" I laughed, grabbing the phone with the hand that was just playing with his hair.

"Your hand was on my butt." His voice was hoarse and quiet, making me suggest he was probably feeling the same ache I still had in my body. I unlocked his phone to check the time and was surprised that it was 9am and everyone in my house was gone.

"It was in your pocket." I stated in my own defense.

"So not like this?" He moved his hand down and squeezed my butt once, making me squeal.

"No!" I smacked his chest once to prove my point and watched him finally move to sit up. "Not like that." I said as he scooted up closer towards me.

"Jeez, it's a good thing I was wearing a shirt when I slept this time." He blinked a few times at me as he rubbed his chest, telling me that I probably hit him harder than I expected. "What ever happened to 'your significant other should never lay a hand on you'?"

"Ew, I am not your significant other." I joked, looking him up and down.

"Then what am I? A piece of bread?" He scoffed lightly. I sat up straighter on the couch which forced Luke to get off of me.

"You're my best friend." I beamed a wide smile at him, one that was obviously fake. I crossed my legs as he smirked at me.

"Your best friend that likes to do this." He quickly leaned into me, kissing me hard yet lazily. I grabbed a hold of his t-shirt in my fists and pressed firmer against him for a split second before pushing him off of me.

A smile popped back onto his face and he moved down towards my neck, letting his soft lips peck every few inches.

"Stop." I giggled. I tugged at the collar of his shirt and pulled him to where he was now sitting up again. I stretched my legs out over his thighs and he raised an eyebrow at me, kicking up his feet on the table. He started to run a single finger over my leg, causing me to slap his hand away from the tickling feeling.

"Stop hitting me!" He whined, holding onto my hand that I had hit him with.

"It's only playful! Besides, you grabbed my butt." I watched as he intertwined our fingers and gripped tightly on my hand.

"Speaking of butts," He spoke. "What time is that dinner tonight?" His head tilted slightly to the side which matched my expression perfectly.

"What does that have to do with butts?" I asked. He glanced over my shoulder and I turned around, looking into our kitchen where our dining table was.