Kabanata 15

Kabanata 15

Drag

I let out a breath after I receive the approval of her reply. Nagtungo ako sa damitan at naghanap ng damit na iteterno. I immediately went downstairs to ask for my parent's permission even though I have planned it already.

I went to the kitchen and saw my parents that are slowly dancing to a jazz music. They are clearly enjoying the piece so I stayed for a while to watch.

Itinagilid ko ang ulo at inisip kung ano ang ginawa ni Daddy para maging sila ni Mommy. They are so in love with each other.

I wonder if their love is filled with fairy tales, magics, and charmings. Is it fraught of colorful rummage of aches and morsels? Filled with deceit and malice?

I wonder how they obtained their never-ending love, finding paths leading to each other's haven within the breadth of the whisper of their hearts; how much pain does the endurance shall create to tell that they are meant to be, offering a piece of their life to a stranger's hand; how do they find their soulmate and do they even exist?

Are soulmates real? Isn't it a fabricated thought from love-yearning people who wanted to find solace in the middle of the ill world?

Kung gano'n kasarap magmahal, may maghihiwalay bang mga tao? If they do, what pushed them to do so? What is their concept behind the heartbreaking desire to end things with the person? Nasasakal ba sila nang sobra o talagang gano'n kadaling mawala sa pagmamahal?

Is their love enough to stay with each other or is it destructive enough to tarnish one another?

If love is that easy to find and easy to forget, then I might as well not fall in love. It would be painful, a devastating process, filling yourself with questions about self-worth; leaving you deranged for what it would be like days, months, years. A challenge on how one person can make you feel whole and broken at the same time.

I lightheartedly knocked on the wooden surface of the varnish-clad Victorian door. Ngumiti ako at hindi pinahalata ang pag-aalala sa mukha.

After I got my permission in joining tonight's gig, I thanked them and left with Therese.

Pero bago umalis ay hindi ko nakalimutang kamustahin si Rafaela. It's been a while since we've seen each other's faces and I badly miss her. Kahit na busy ay ginagawan ko ng paraan para makamusta si Raf.

We'll never know how much pain they endured or what they're battling right now. I just want to make her remember—assure her—that I am one call away, and that we have each other's backs.

Pagkababa ng sasakyan ay sumalubong sa 'kin ang lantern at fairy lights na nagpaiilaw sa paligid. Nang magsimula akong maglakad ay bahagyang nagkiskisan ang bato dahil sa bigat. Habang patuloy na naglalakad ay napansin kong may kumukuha pa ng litrato sa paligid.

Sa isang gilid ay may nag-iihaw ng pagkain. Ang matingkad na dila ng apoy ay dumadaan sa katawan ng karne, kumokontra sa kadiliman ng gabi. Usok ang bumalot sa pinag-iihawan, sumasayaw sa bawat direksyon na idinidirekta ng pamaypay. May kumuha nito mula sa loob bago tuluyang magsalang muli ng bago.

Malapit ang grilling area sa likod ng establishment. Ang pinakaharap ng Beats ay maliwanag dala ng malambot na ilaw na nanggagaling mula sa loob. May mahinang tunog na nagmumula roon kaya bahagyang dinig sa labas. Nang isinuyod ko ng tingin ang loob ay nakita ko ang malaking pangalan at logo ng Beats sa likod ng kumakanta.

Kung maganda ang pakiramdam sa loob ay gano'n din sa labas lalong-lalo na ngayong gabi.

The cold breeze of the seventh hour of the night blew my hair and touched my skin. It made me believe that it's a carefree night—a night where I can let my irrationality out. But the scattered stars like dusts on the foreign sky made me think twice.