Chapter 10

Charlene pov

                                  "Any pack that has a shed in the middle of the woods needs to be thoroughly investigated."I huffed pushing hair away from my sweaty forehead,Mason gave me a feral smile before he took a long drink from a bottle then tossed it to me. "Why." "There is a guaranteed serial killer in this pack."I laughed wiping the water that spilled onto my chin and rolled down my neck off. "Serious accusation."Mason raised his eyebrow fluidly raising his hand to catch the water bottle I suddenly hurled at his head.

When I got pulled into the cabin at the very least I was expecting to be yelled at to which I would've been making hilarious comments that would've lead to a beating then I would've scampered off in the middle of the night while he was sleeping.....I was still debating if I would look for JJ or leave her in Misty's care,but instead of my expectations Mason let go of my hair to grab onto my arm and when I scrambled away from him  instead of stopping me like I knew he could all he did was close the door and growled at me before chasing me around me the room.

The chase should've been terrifying to me but Mason never restrained me even when he cornered me he let me duck underneath his arm. "That wasn't very nice." "Neither is trapping someone in a serial killer's cabin yet here we are."I grinned placing my plams flat on the bed,the covers rumpled from my multiple runs across it. "Alleged serial killer's cabin."Mason mocked my stance his golden irises seeming to have liquefy.

Biting my bottom lip to stop a smile from forming my eyes slid to the door. "Don't think about it."Mason growled the warning his amusement evaporating before my very eyes. "Don't think you could hunt me down in the wild wolfie." "The forest is hardly the wild."Was Mason's bland response. "So why not let me go......didn't you say hunting me would arouse.......your more primal instincts."I softly murmured figurering that if I managed to get outside I could get away from this territory,the urge to leave suddenly strong.

"Chasing not hunting."Mason corrected suddenly lunging foreward to yank my arms from underneath me sending me sprawling chest first across the bed. "Asshole."I grumbled jacking back up after Mason released my wrist. "Don't ever try to run from me Charlene." "That sounded ominous."I grumbled escape plans flying through my mind,his warning going in one ear and out the other.

"That's your only warning Charlene." "God I hate that name,it's Charlie."I off handedly said still distracted by my escape plans. "Charlene is a beautiful name." "It's a name the people that beat for nearly my whole life gave me."I retorted. "But Charlie is a name given to me out of affection by one of the only people who ever cared about me."

"Jacqueline."  "Eric."I offhandly corrected my eyes drifting back to the door. "Who is Eric to you." The danger in Mason's voice made me focus on him. "Why,jealous."I gave exaggerated sweeps of my eyelashes.

Visibly taken aback by my suddenly flirtatious attitude Mason actually took a step back before glaring at me. "What does he mean to you." "I would give all I have to him and for him."I was purposely vauge something in me wanting to poke and prod Mason. "Be careful darling,say what you mean and mean what you say." "Oh relax,Eric is like a father to me."I rolled my eyes before crossing my arms. "Which I could've sworn I already told you." The tension leeched out Mason with that simple sentence. "Must've slipped my mind."The grin that Mason gave was devastating.

I slowly backed up away from the plush bed not stopping until my back hit the wall. "So you have a brother." "So do you."Mason responded taking a seat on the bed. "Yeah but my brother is an asshole,but I bet yours isn't." "Debatable." "Do you really hate sleeping outside of your own territory."I don't know why I asked that question.I wasn't even remotely interested in Mason in anyway. "Doesn't every Alpha." "I wouldn't know."I shrugged my eyes straying back to the door. "Wanna play twenty questions." "No."I slid down the wall and pulled my knees against my chest.Mason let out a growl and his eyes brightening. "Sexy."I grumbled laying my head on my knees not bothering to fight back the fear that rolled through my veins.Fear was normal,fear was comfortable,fear was safe.