Chapter 27

I pushed against his chest and covered my mouth "what the hell jack!" he looked hurt by my actions. "why did you do that!" he sat back down on the ledge of the fountain and I could of sworn I saw tears brim his eyes. "Kelly you don't have any idea of what I've been through this past year" I rolled my eyes "oh and being in a wheel chair isn't bad enough?" he looked me in the eyes and now their were tears streaming down his cheeks, something really was wrong.

"Jack what happened?" I placed my hand on his knee to try and calm him, it seemed it did. "Kelly I got In to some serious shit, I really did try and change for you, so when you came back you could love me again except I fucked up again" I sighed "look jack, I remember that the whole reason on why I was pissed at you was because you kissed a girl but I'm past that so what could you have done that was worst than that?" he covered his face with his hands, I could tell he was trying to stop crying but it wasn't working.

"Jack talk to me, it's still the same old me" he looked up and his eyes were blood shot. "no your not the same Kelly, and it's all my fucking fault, and it's only going to get worst for the both of us" I took my hand off his knee "what do you mean?" he took a deep breath and pulled himself together. "I left college after you did and I was at this bar one night and that girl I kissed, Gracie, well she found me" I backed my chair up just a tad.

"She said that she had a job for me to do, I did it but I want out now and she won't let me. she knows that I still love you and she will do everything in her power to hurt you so that I continue doing the job" my stomach just flipped and not in the good way. "so why don't you just tell Gracie to fuck off?" he stood and began pacing "I tried but now her whole cooperation had gotten bigger and she has thugs and it's all my fault because I helped her start it".

My heart quickened a little, just thinking about someone harming me makes me want to throw up. "but how do they know were I am?" he smiled "because of your book, by the way James is my favorite character" I did rename all of the character but kept the first letter.

"So what do we do?" He sighed again. "we have to leave, and I'm going to protect you"

"Leave? what do you mean? I can't go, I have a job and a home" he bent down so he was eye level with me "Kelly if we don't go now, you may not be alive tomorrow" they wouldn't kill me?

"Jack what kind of cooperation are you in?" He turned pale. "um... I'll explain later" now that can't be good.

We called for a taxi and Jack put my wheel chair in the trunk and we drove to my apartment. Since I'm a cripple I have a bottom level apartment. Jack helped me and I pulled out my keys and we went in. it's fairly easy for me to move around. I grabbed one of my travel bags and threw some simple cloths in, thank god it was summer time. When I came out of my room Jack was looking at my pictures I had hung up on the wall.

"When did you take these?" I had pictures of Jack and Nate and Ryan on my wall. I also had my mom and my dad and just some family portraits. "I'm not sure, that part of my memory I still don't have yet" I grabbed my emergency money I kept in a book and threw it in my bag. I had basically everything I needed for a trip I just didn't even know where we were going.

"Jack where are we going?" he turned and smiled. "Were going to wherever the next flight takes us" woah. I smiled but I looked down and my smile faded. "Jack how are we suppose to run and hide when I can't even move my legs" a tear had trickled down my cheek, I haven't cried about not being able to walk in months. "Kelly" Jack came over and placed both his hands on my knees. "that's just it jack, I can't feel anything, do you know how hard it is to be half a person?"

I sniffed but brushed it off trying to act all tough "never mind, lets just get to the airport" I can't believe I was going to do this. but I knew when Jack was lying and he certainly wasn't.

...

We arrived at the airport and went up to the front desk. "two tickets for your next flight out of here" the lady scrunched her nose and nodded. "alright our next flight leaves in 20 minutes and you'll be traveling to Hawaii" I've always wanted to go their and it's warm, but I realized the whole place is sand and I can't go through it very easily. before Jack could say anything I spoke up "what about the next one?" Jack looked surprise but the lady just nodded and typed something's "in 25 minutes we have a flight to England" that's better but I didn't have a passport "it's perfect" Jack handed the woman cash and two passports, wow he thought of everything.

After we got through security we had to board the plane immediately. Their wasn't very many people on it, just an old couple in the back. we got seated and I took the window seat, I don't care if legless people are suppose to sit on the isle side i want the window.

and as we started to go the plane took off and we were soaring through the night sky and all I was thinking was what lied ahead.