Chapter 26

*1 year later*

Kelly's POV

I never did learn how to walk but I was okay with that now. I ended up gaining some memory's back and I left college and moved to New York. I didn't want to continue my my life at college when it just seemed to be bad but I was surprised because right when I moved into my little apartment I was offered a writers job. I published my first book and made some cash and before yeah new it I became a publisher. My first book was all about my journey through college and how I lost me legs but I still kept going.

I was at a book sighing when someone placed their book on the table for me to sign but just left it their. I was about to put on the shelves but a note fell out. I opened it and it read

~ come meet me a broadway park at 9 pm

-J

It couldn't be from Jack could it? I haven't spoken to him since the day I left

*flash back*

I started to throw everything into my suit case. "Kelly were are you going!" Jack was curious but I couldn't give a shit. "I'm going away Jack, I'm starting over" he put his hand on my shoulder and I looked up at him, tears were spilling down his cheeks, I didn't think he still cared for me. "just don't forget me kell" he kissed me and and left without another word. But how the hell was I suppose to remember him when I barley could?

*end flashback*

But I actually did remember a lot of things. Of course some days were just a blur but I remembered enough to remember him. Ryan was the one that drove me to the airport. I still talk to him constantly and he visits every now and then. He is still my best friend even tho I had a hard time remembering, so we started over. But Nate was the worst.

*flash back*

I was waiting for Ryan to come pick me up, so I was just sitting in my room. "Kelly I'm so so..." Nate bolted through my door but cut himself off when he saw my suitcase. "your leaving?" I nodded. he crashed down to his knees and held his head in his hands. "Kelly I'm so sorry! if your leaving because of what I did then..." I wheeled over to him and kissed his for-head. "Nate I'm not leaving because of you, I'm leaving because I need to learn how to be on my own now and I just need to learn who I am" he looked up and his cheeks were stained with tears to. it's hard to see everyone cry over someone like me. "I'm going to miss you Kelly" I wrapped my arms around his neck and he did his best to hold onto my waist. "I'll miss you to Nate" I was just trying my best to make him feel better, he just sobbed for a few minutes. even tho I didn't really know Nate, he was still one of my friends. "I love you" he whispered it softly so I pulled back and kissed his lips, it wasn't really full of passion or anything, it was just to say goodbye. "and I love you to" and I think I did even if I was mad at him.

*end flash back*

I ended my signing and started to roll down to broadway park. my legs are freakishly skinny but I have gained so much arm muscle. My mother wasn't to thrilled about my departure but I didn't really care. I realized that I was still dreading on my fathers death and I just needed a fresh start.

I did say goodbye to Jamie when I finally remember her because she was my friend to but we don't talk to much. it was 830 when I rolled up to broadway and their he was. Jack was sitting on the little fountain ledge.

I rolled up and when he saw me he had a huge smile plastered on his face. "you never did listen very well" I was only a half hour early. he gained some muscle and his hair was shorter but other than that he was pretty much the same. "why are you here Jack?" he stood "what, no hi Jack? nice seeing yeah jack?" ugh "fine hi jack, nice seeing yeah" then I turned and started to wheel but he pulled me to a stop and I chuckled. "I was just joking" and I turned back to him.

"So why are you here?" he shook his head and did something that I never expected. he crashed his lips onto mine.