Chapter 20

The next week went by slowly, I ended up hanging with Nate more than Jack on somedays. it's now Friday and Jack said he was going to go hang with his buddy Drake so I took it as another chance to go hang out with Nate.

*hey Nate want to hangout tonight? I finished that book you gave me at the library*

*um yeah sure... Can we skip the literature talk for one night? Bet I can kick you butt at monopoly ;)*

I smiled at the text and drove to his house. I didn't bother knocking and just came in to see Nate setting up a game. "well why don't you just come
on in?" I laughed and threw my bag on the chair. "Dibs on dog!" he pouted his lip "but I wanted to be the dog" he crossed his arms and I just tuck my tongue out at him.

We played for a few hours and he ended up smoking my butt. "I told yeah I could beat yeah" he have me a wink. "whatever! I let you win! and isn't the guy suppose to let the girl win?" he laughed "that's not how I play sweetheart" I laughed again and crossed over to the couch. "you want some popcorn?" I nodded and scrolled through Netflix "not a chick flick tonight! it's my turn for the movie!" he yelled from the kitchen. "Fine!" I yelled back, I settled on ironman and began to play it while he came back in and plopped himself onto the couch.

He was sitting with a good few inches between us and the popcorn bowl resting between. "you burnt it!" he chuckled "no! I just heated it with more love" I rolled my eyes and ate. The clock began to tick away and I felt my eyes begging to close. "you know you can lean on me?" I was to tired to think of anything else so I scooted my body over and laid up against his muscular chest and he wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Kelly?" I yawned but he grabbed my waist and he leaned back so now we were cuddling on the couch. I wasn't really thinking at all, I figured that friends do this, don't they? I fell asleep half way through the movie but woke up at the ending credits. Nate's arms were still tightly wound around my body. I stretched and Nate must have fallen asleep to because he was doing to same thing, I looked at the clock and it said mid night, shit Jacks going to freak. I wiggled out of Nate's arms and grabbed my bag while Nate walked me to the door like he always does.

"Well Kelly it was nice seeing you yet again" I nodded and he gave me a hug but as he tried to kiss my cheek like he does every night I accidentally moved my head and he kissed my lips. at first it stared off as confusing but that passed within a second. he softly pushed me up against his door frame and wrapped his hands down under my waist resting just barley above my bum. his tongue slid under my mouth and I opened slightly allowing him to gain entrance. Not knowing what to do with my hands I placed them up to his face and spread through his hair. our kiss multiplied instantly and became a giant mesh of tongues. "Kelly." he started to take me through a trance, I had forgotten about everything for the split second. his lips disconnected from mine and he began to make a trail of kisses down my neck. I started to feel a vibration, but it turned out to be my phone going off bring my conscious back to the surface and reminding me of Jack.

I pushed against Nate and he backed off and looked as if he was wounded. "i'm..." I couldn't finish. I just opened the door and ran just like I always do. I didn't even bother going to my truck I just kept running at midnight, trying to think but I couldn't think. my conscious was only surfaced long enough to stop my make out session from going somewhere I could truly regret.

I can't face Jack, not yet at least. half way between my campus and Nate's apartment was a little bar so I ran in their. I walked up to the counter and the bar tender came over "are you 21?" I just looked at the guy and didn't say anything. all he did was nod "anything you want it's on the house"

"What?" he laughed "I get people like you in here all the time, must be some big drama situation, tell me what you want and we can talk" I smiled at this strange man who I didn't know and he just gave me a apple martini and we talked about my problem.

"Okay so let me understand this, you love Jack but have feelings for Nate, Nate can give you things that Jack can't, but Jack has had a hard life" I nodded. "well this is a first, normally I just get girls in here with problems about their tests or some shit" I chuckled at Joel, he finally told me his name. "well kelly, it's nearly 2 am, you have to face Jack sooner or later" I totally lost track of time.

I pulled out my phone and saw three new messages from Jack and 1 from Nate.

Jacks

*were yeah at babe? Come home?*

*kelly were are you! I'm freaking a little bit*

*kelly??!!!??? I know your not with Ryan I called him*

Nate

*kelly I'm sorry about that, please don't disappear*

What is it with people and thinking that I will disappear? "I guess I better get home and face the music" Joel told me I could come back anytime and I left. I walked as slow as I could just planning out what I was going to say.
I would tell him, I would tell him. I don't know what to tell him. I guess I will won't it.

I got to my dorm room and I'm standing just outside the door. okay Kelly you can do this. I pushed open the door and Jack was sitting on his bed. just starring at the wall. "jack?" he put his hand up to silence me. "I don't think I want to know and I think that you would tell me the truth either way" ouch? "so I told you I would work my ass off for you to forgive me for my actions, now have you?" did he? he apologized and other things but I just kissed another man. and my momma always taught me that when your boyfriend kissed another girl willingly then he was cheating on you, and I just did that.

"Yes Jack you have" he sighed "alright lets just go to bed then and we can talk tomorrow okay?" I nodded and I waited for Jack to pull me to his bed but he didn't. He just laid down and turned to face away from me. I sighed as well and changed into some pjs and hopped into my bed. and for the first time I felt unsafe because I didn't have Jacks arms around me.

*dream*

I was walking down a street that I had never seen before. I ran into Ryan and Tasha and they just passed me with out a second glance. next Nate and a red head passed me, they were holding hands. the next thing was me turning a corner and I saw Jack pressing a girl up against a wall and he was kissing her. "jack!" he turned to me and just laughed at me and then he grabbed the girls shirt and ripped it open then pulling his off. I tried to say something but I couldn't because my heart was broken.

*end of dream*

"Kelly!" Jack was pushing me up and down to wake me. my eyes finally opened and I saw his face and all I could picture was him kissing that random girl. "are you okay?" I shook my head no and I began to cry.

Jack was holding me now and I was shaking in his arms. "Kelly calm down" I have to tell him I have to. "jack... i.... have... to" I was breaking in between sobs. "shhhh" I shook my head no and pushed against his chest. "Jack I did something bad" he looked really confused. "I'm sorry"

His face just looked broken "Kelly you didn't..."

"Oh god no! I only kissed someone! I'm so sorry Jack! that's what my dream was and it broke my heart!" I was waiting for him to leave the room or punch a wall but he didn't. He just grabbed my waist and pulled me into a tight hug "Kelly I believe that you truly regret your actions, otherwise you wouldn't be crying, just don't do it again" I nodded and he just laid me back and I fell asleep in his arms after my tears finally dried and I had a smile plastered against my face.