[ Joui Four ]

When their S/O was injured badly:

Takasugi: Shinsuke's angry expression was the last thing they expected to see upon waking, " Why didn't you call me for help!?" Takasugi would direct his anger on towards them, without truly realizing what he was doing. But how could they be so careless? He wasn't so far off from them. In a way he felt as if he could have prevented this. He had been so close to losing them. He would make sure the same mistake never happens again.

Gintoki: He would be cold to his s/o not sure how to handle seeing them staring up at him with their tattered body. No, he was too busy putting the blame on himself. He didn't want to fail at protecting them, they mattered the most to him. He would give them a look over his shoulders; and his s/o unsure what hurt the most, their fatal wound or that lifeless glare tearing them apart. No words would be exchanged. He would never want to see them in this condition again. He would grit his teeth in the midst of battle, his sword cutting down even harder.

Tatsuma: "Do me a favor and forget about fighting in this war." the words left his lips harsher than he intended, he would even wince back at his own voice had it not been for the fact that his s/o angry eyes were boring into his skin. His focus was dead set on the ground beneath him. He had never used that tone of voice with them and their personality was defiant already. They were just as upset as he was, learning what kind of state they were in. He could not stand the thought of them never getting to experience the new worlds he was hoping to bring them to.

Katsura: Katsura entered the tent after hearing the new that his s/o was awake and responsive. He wouldn't say a word as sat behind his s/o redressing their wounds again to avoid infection. Wrapping them up and very quietly " The last thing I want to do is disrespect your honor as a samurai." They couldn't see Katsura's face, but the grip on their shoulders by his trembling hands betrayed his words. The air was tense and he remained in the same spot before regaining his composure. He would aid them the most, doing the best to his abilities. Though he had other obligations and could not stay by their side for long.