Rebuilt (20)

Writing this in the car-

***

Pixal didn't know she was crying until Jay pointed it out. She blinked out of her daze. Her friends were now turned to her, with concerned looks. "Pixal? What's wrong?" Jay asked. "Yeah, why are you crying?" Cole asked her. Pixal wiped the tears from her face. Should she tell them?
Would they think she's gone mad?
Them, out of all people should understand, right?

"I...heard Zane." She told them. Their faces changed from concerned to confused. They were silent for a few seconds. Seliel was the first to speak. "You heard Zane? How? What did he say?" She asked Pixal. "He said he was here. That he was alive." She replied. Cole furrowed his eyebrows. "Are you sure you actually heard him? I mean, I want Zane to be alive, but how do you know it wasn't just in side your head?" He asked. Pixal lifted her arm up and opened a hatch. "I don't know how, but I know I heard him. It wasn't just in my head. I mean, yeah it was in my head because you guys didn't hear him, but it was real. Not my imagination." She said pressing a few buttons on her arm. "So..." Lloyd started. "What exactly are you doing to your arm?" He asked pointing to the open hatch. "I'm trying to see if I can intercept the coding of my systems so I can play back the recording of what Zane told me." She explained to them. "Oh."
After a few minutes, a voice could be heard. There was lots of static so you couldn't really tell who it was. Pixal twisted a few wires and than the voice could be heard clearly. Pixal smiled at the voice. The other's jaws dropped as they gasped. Echo's smiled grew as his eyes widened.

"Pixal? Can you hear me? Pixal, please. I need your help."

"Zane, I can hear you. So can the others." Pixal responded to him. The others were still in shock.

"Pixal! Thank goodness."

Zane's voice said joyfully. The others shared a look before smiles appeared on their faces. "Zane!" They all yelled. "Zane, buddy, are we glad to hear you!" Cole told him. Zane's laughter could be heard. "We missed you, brother." Echo said.

"I missed you guys too. I need your help to get out of here."

"Sure thing! But, how did you even get inside of Pixal?" Lloyd asked. Pixal furrowed her eyebrows. "Yeah, how are you even here right now?" She asked.

"Oh...I had to hack into your systems. Borg put twice as many security codes than last time."

"Last time? How would you know how many there were last time?" Kai asked smirking. Zane went silent.

"I may or may not have hacked into Pixal once? I only did it to put an old security code into her systems so she couldn't get easily hacked."

Zane told them. Jay snickered. "Uh huh. How do we know you didn't just do it to see how Pixal felt about you?" He asked laughing. Pixal's face turned red as she blushed.

"..."
"What!? I would never do that!"

Zane insisted. Pixal let out a laugh. "I know you wouldn't, Zane. But we all know how Jay is." She told him.
"Hey!" Jay yelled in protest.
"Besides, it's not like he even had to do that." Nya said.
"How did you even survive, Zane? We all saw you get destroyed." Harumi asked.

"When I sacrificed myself to destroy the Overlord, I somehow entered the systems in Borg Tower. I am not sure how I did when the Overlord was destroyed, but I am thankful."

"So are we." Seliel stated. Skylor seemed confused. "But wait, if you were alive the entire time, where were you? And how did you hack into Pixal?" She asked.

"I was stuck in the systems the entire time. When Borg rebuilt Echo and Pixal, I managed to get my coding mixed in with hers."

"Huh." Skylor said as she gathered the information.
Zane said to hold on as he did something. They waited a few seconds. Suddenly, Pixal's eye's turned blue as a hologram of Zane appeared in front of her. He looked around and smiled as he saw Pixal. She smiled back.