20

Note: I am 20 and this is chapter 20 so let's call this my present to you, my amazing readers!
Thank you so much for all your comments, love and support! You mean the world to me when I am feeling down...
Enjoy! <3

Ámbar's POV

I blinked my eyes, adjusting to the light on the room. The pain in my head was what had woken me up. Unfortunately, they couldn't give strong medicines because of the baby.

I fell a warm and soft hand caressing mine and finally opened my eyes wide. Mónica was sitting on the chair next to my bed wearing one of her sweet smiles.

"Ámbar, you are awake!" She exclaimed excited.

I tried to sit, but it definitely felt as if I had been hit by a car or something like that. I moaned in pain.

"What is it? What are you feeling?" She asked worried getting up.

"Everything..." I complained sighing.

"I think it's best if stay laying down. Do you want me to call the nurse?" She offered, already approaching the button. I shook my head checking the time.

"No, it's still a while before they can get me something for the pain. I can't really take pain killers because of..."

"... the baby." Mónica completed with a comprehensive look on her face.

"You know..." I whispered, which sounded more like a question than a statement.

She nodded smiling.

"Yes, the doctor told me. She thought I knew and pulled me aside to assure me you both were fine."

"I..." I didn't really know what to say.

She pulled the chair closer to me and caressed my cheek.

"I understand, Ámbar. You were scared, you are scared. How wouldn't you be? You are so young and you are going through a rough fase right now. But don't worry, honey! I promise you I will be here every step of the way. Whether it's for the joy, the fear or the sadness know, Ámbar, that I am here for you!"

Her words brought tears to my eyes and I didn't hold them, I cried as I had done so many time on those last few weeks. She got up and hugged me, being careful not to hurt me, just soothing me. When I was finally calm again, she helped me sit and did the same next to me on the bed holding my hands.

"I am sorry." I said while whipping my tears. "It's the hormones..." I confessed and she giggled.

"Oh I imagine..."

"I am sorry to ask you this but have your ever... been pregnant?" I asked a bit unsure it was a good idea specially when her smile turned a little sad.

"Oh, it's okay. Unfortunately, no. I have a condition which would never allow that to happen. That's why me and Miguel decided to adopt. We have Luna and honestly I couldn't be happier. I would never want to change her for a biological child. A son is a son, doesn't matter where he came from. I don't think the love is different. I love Luna with all my heart and will always do! Being a mother is the best thing in the world." She confessed and even though I felt bad for her, it was clear she was happy.

"Yeah, this baby hasn't been born yet and I already love him or her so much!" I also let out, placing a hand on my belly.

"You don't know how glad that makes me! I know it will be a big change in your life but it also be the most rewarding part of it! You are young I know, and you might think you are not ready for this... But, Ámbar, you are so responsible, I am sure you will give the best mother! And that baby who is growing inside of you, will show you so many good things in life! It will teach to love like you never thought was possible!"