15

3/4 of the marathon

I checked myself on the mirror one more time. It was finally the day we would be introduced as the Red Sharks and I wanted to be perfect. Not for others but for myself. This was a really important moment for me and I needed it to be perfect, starting by my outfit.

I chose a black pair of leather shorts and a flowy blouse of the same color. I made sure it wasn't too transparent because, even though I didn't have a noticeable bump yet, I was afraid that if people could see my belly they would instantly know what was going on. It was silly of me but better be safe than sorry, right?

I heard a knock on the door, a special one me and Emilia had come up with, so I replied "Come in!".
She showed up at the door, dressed up as well, and with her usual smirk.
"Good morning, Ams! Ready the show?" She greeted, showing up behind me on the mirror. "You look hot, girl!"

I laughed and turned to face her. "We look amazing. I am so ready for the show. Let's give those losers a lesson!"
"That's exactly what I wanted to hear! Let's go then! The boys are a little late but their apartment is right next to Roller so it shouldn't be a problem."
I picked my purse and my bag with my skates and we left the room heading downstairs.

I heard Luna's voice and it sounded like she was talking on phone. "I will see you there!" She finished.
Luna should probably be talking to her friends about going to Roller. Good! I wanted all of them there when Gary told the news.
"Where are you going?" She asked as I opened the door. I simply looked at Emilia who looked at me and we chuckled, leaving without answering her.

The car Gary sent to pick us up was outside and we got inside. It was clear Gary was a man of money. Even though his taste was horrible he always had everything of what was best and he made sure we had too. The apartment he got for the boys was really amazing. I had the opportunity to see it the day before when we had the meeting with Gary. Our contracts were equally promising, we would be earning a fair amount of money to represent Roller in several competitions. That was something I hadn't really thought about but which I sure had to. I wouldn't be able to go to competitions at some point...

The car started and so did our ride to Roller. Emilia picked up my hand and I smiled at her. "It's your day, Ámbar!" She reminded me.
"It's our day, Emilia! It wouldn't be the same without you. And even without those two idiots!" I corrected and we laughed.
A few minutes later, we stopped in front of the boys' apartment. Thankfully they were outside waiting so we wouldn't be late.
Tobías went in the front and Lucas came next to us.
"Hello, girls!" The first one greeted as he sat and put on his seat belt.
"Hello, ladies? Missed me already? Everyone ready for a big day."
Emilia and I rolled our eyes.
"We are. The big question is if you are. We know you get very distracted sometimes..." Emilia teased.
"Don't worry, sugar. My whole focus is on this today." He assured.

Finally we arrived at Roller. We four got out of the car and got inside following others who are doing the same thing.
The screens are off, prepared for the big surprise and Gary is leaning against the counter.
When he saw us, he took his glasses off and smiles, pointing to the table behind us, where we then sat.

From the corner of my eye I saw Simón who is whispering something to Pedro but I look away, not wanting to face him.
It didn't take long before Roller is crowded, including Luna and her friends, Matteo who waves at us, and Juliana who pointed in our direction while talking to Gary.

He got up and stepped on the stage, grabbing the microphone.
"Good morning, everyone. Welcome back to Jam & Roller. Let me start by telling you this place will never be the same. A lot of changes are coming, excellent ones of course.
Don't worry, I won't be changing the name. I realized that would be stupid and would take this place's essence.
However, there are some other news.

After discussing this with my other partners, we decided that the Open Music really is something important and characteristic of this place. Therefore, we have scheduled one Open Music for month. The details will be revealed when the time comes. But you can start preparing yourselves, because we will have one in three days. That's right, three days. It should be enough for you, who is good is good and only needs to rehearse and not learn from scratch.

Now, the biggest topic and the one I sincerely am more excited to tell you: skating! The rink will operate as it always did but there will be designated ours just for the skating team which was already chosen by us.
During this hours we would ask that the rink would be completely free and available for the skaters.
There will also be new timetables, designed to help everyone who uses it. It will be divided in 3 categories: beginners, elementary and advanced. This way we will have better support for everyone who wants to skate here.
The skating team which will represent us will be called Red Sharks!" When he said this, the screens lit up with the team logo.

Everyone started whispering but he continued talking, not even caring about people's complaints. We got up from our table and approached the stage.
"This new team is different from the previous one which represented this place. That team failed and we want to be known for achievements!
So I was responsible for picking the people to create a new and awesome team. And I did it!
I ask an applause for the members of the Red Sharks: Ámbar Smith, Emilia Reynaud, Lucas Martinez and Tobías Blanco!"

He pointed to us and we climbed the small set of stairs into the stage, our faces and names displayed on the screens around the Roller.
Gary kissed Emilia and I on the cheek and shook the boys' hands, as he took the stage next to him.
I allowed myself to focus on the people in front of us, the look of shock on their faces.
Specially two gave me pleasure: Luna's and Juliana's.

That's right. This was my moment, my return!

Note: Next chapter is special of point of views from different characters ;)