Chapter Three- Unexpected Phone Calls

Chapter three! Thank you for those of you who fanned and or voted! You guys are amazing. No doubt about it. And yall encourage me to keep righting! :p

I hope ya'll enjoy it and/or give me feedback!(:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Three- Unexpected Phone Calls

Ryder Johnson

"I mean it man, you gotta get me out of here."

"Yeah 'cause I'm going to risk my life to get pass security and sneak you out." He snickers. Grunting, I run my hands through my hair, frustrated. Pacing around the room, I try to think of escape routes.

"Besides, you know it's your fault you're grounded." I skid to a stop.

"Don't. Use that word." I grind out. He snickers again. And of course, doesn't listen.

"Little, eighteen year old Ryder's grounded!" He sings. I roll my eyes as I plop down onto a chair.

Why was I friends with this prick again?

You know why, a voice says in my head. I shake my head, ridding it of the onslaught of thoughts to come. Then I let out a sharp exhale.

"Fine, if you won't help, I'll figure it out myself." I end the call quickly and stuff my phone into my pocket. Then I look around.

Walking toward the window, I push the curtains away and look around.

"Let's see." I stare hard at the outside; so close, yet so far at the same time. "A gate. Trees. . ." I trail off as I see one of our chefs, Mason, taking out the trash on my left. "If he works on the first floor and I'm at the third floor...that means that I'll have to pass two flights of stairs."

I think for a moment. "Damn, how many guards is that?"

Then I stare hard at Mason, who was returning from throwing away the trash.

How'd he get out? I think to myself as he disappears from my view.

A knock on the door disrupts my thoughts.

"Mr. Johnson."

I curse under my breath. But nevertheless, I answer. "Yes?"

The door opens as I move away from the window, running a hand through my hair. Maxwell steps in, wearing his usual suit and closed-off posture.

Being with my family since I was little, Maxwell was practically family. One of my dad's good friends, head of security, and was practically my second dad.

But then I changed. And he's called me "Mr. Johnson" ever since. But, hey. That's a story for another time.

"Max.." I said wryly. His facial expression remained stoic.

"It's Maxwell." He corrects. I clenched my jaw.

"What does he want?" I snap, my patience lost. I see his jaw clench as well.

"Your parents want to speak to you." He says. I open my mouth to tell him that there was no way in hell I was going, since they quote-unquote "grounded me" and had to add that I "couldn't leave this room". But before I could get a word out, he says something into his walkie talkie, making a group of body guards walk into the room not three seconds later. The protest dies in my mouth.

"These guys will be accompanying you there. Just so you don't get any ideas." I glance at the six bulky guys around now around me.

"You guys think of everything, don't you?" I said sarcastically. He purses his lips and ignores my comment.