Chapter Sixteen- Handicap-Only Restrooms

1,000,000 Reads. Everyone, just take a moment to give yourselves a hug, because that's what I would be doing if I weren't so far away from all of y'all right now. (No just kidding that'd be creepy...but seriously.)

So, I'm sorry for the late update, I've been trying to work on BAW AND preparing for all the big tests I had this week, but coming up with this accomplishment called for an update on His Number (: Thank you so so so much you guys, for your votes, comments, and 'followings' (O.o).

Anyways, Read on!

As always, Vote/Comment if you like it!

Enjoy! <3

PS-Banner on the side made by veradis! (:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Sixteen- Handicap-Only

Charlotte Everley

I've never had any 'amazingly fantastic' first days of school. In fact, most of the time they lean toward the negative side. Think about it: New class schedule, new teachers, and new faces. I honestly don't understand what's so wonderful about it. Now don't get me wrong, it's not like I dislike school or anything; it's just the first day that bothers me. To me, any 'firsts' are always obstacles-obstacles from the bigger picture.

First days, first hellos, first words, first kisses, first dates..first good-byes. All obstacles, all things we have to get through at one point or another. The first day of school is something that happens continuously throughout our academic lives, yet people always wait for it every year, in an anxious yet yearning way that nobody understands. But really, nobody wants to admit that, well, they're really just ordinary days. It's one of the only things I'm cynical about, but I have good reason to be-a reason that I don't really want to elaborate on right now.

But then there are days like today, the first day of my senior year in high school, where the claim I just made is proven very, very wrong.

"Well don't be too excited now." My blank face morphed into an amused one as I smiled. Stella glanced at me and smirked before returning her gaze to the road. "It's only the first day of school." I laughed, oddly feeling stress flow out of my body as I did so.

"I know Stell." I said, rolling my eyes teasingly. "Believe me, I know." She laughed then, her laugh free and open, as usual. Her and Chad had made up by now, like usual, though it took a little longer to get there.

"Well who knows, right?" She said, now making a turn into our school's student parking lot. "Maybe the President's son will change all of that." She winked at me.

"Who's that other guy you told me about earlier?" I said, changing the subject. Stella obliged, strangely.

"Blake Stone." She said, her face hardening in the slightest way as she parked. I frowned.

"That's a.." I paused. "Hard name."

A second passed. Two, three; before I heard loud laughter-bordering obnoxious but never surpassing the line. Stella Laughter. 

"I can't believe you just made a pun." Stella said, seemingly wiping a tear from the corner of her eye. I felt my face flush.