Chapter 20: Finding you

Start from the beginning

I continued looking at her showing that I didn't believe her at all.

''Fine. I feel too lazy to cook anything. Happy?'' she said.

''See? It wasn't very hard. We'll go, but you're paying the bill since it was your idea and your turn to prepare dinner.'' I said.

''Deal.''

We swam for about an hour and we got out of the water. We stayed at the beach for some time enjoying the view. We always came here to see the sunset. After that, we returned back to the house intending to take a shower and change clothes. 

When I got ready, I called Paolo. He was the head of the security team Michael provided to us. They followed us around but kept their distance and they were discreet. The team consisted of ten men, but only four were with us all the time. I informed him of our plans and he immediately called four of his men to come with us. After Nadia came downstairs, we went to the garage to take the car my brother let us borrow for our time here. They guys got in an SUV and followed us. Entering the restaurant I found a table with a view of the ocean and we sat there. A waitress came to take our orders sometime later informing of the specialties of the restaurant. We place our orders and she left only to return with our food and drinks after a while.

''David called while you were getting ready.'' Nadia said taking a sip of her wine.

''Yeah? What did he want?'' I asked.

I took a bite from my steak and I almost moaned. It was so delicious and the baby seemed to like it as I felt a kick. I still didn't know the sex of my child as I wanted it to be a surprise. I only want it to be healthy.

''You know, the usual. How we are, if his grandchild is well, if we found any handsome guy. As I said, the usual.'' she replied.

''He is still going with that?'' I asked.

''Yes. He even said that the best revenge was to find a guy and move on. Oh, and he agreed to my idea about renovating the cafe.'' 

''Someday we'll manage to finally move on and as for the cafe, I think it's a great idea. Why don't we prepare a list of the things we want to be changed? We'll send it to David to start with the renovation. I can ask Michael to help.''

''Fantastic! I'm sure Michael will agree. After all, he can't say no to you.'' Nadia said winking at me.

I laughed because I knew it was true. He had said himself. Nadia and I chatted through dinner and made plans for the renovation. Tomorrow morning I'll turn the kitchen into an office. The table there is quite big and there'll be enough space for our laptops, papers and other things we may need. The fact that Nadia had recently taken her degree in Interior Design was a big bonus.

''Good morning, Eve.'' Nadia said coming in the kitchen.

''Good morning. I made you coffee.'' I replied.

''Thanks.''

She filled a cup with the warm black liquid and took a sip.

''Black. My favorite one. I see you started working.'' she said motioning to the table.

I had brought my laptop and as we had an internet connection I found some very good websites which were giving ideas for the renovation of cafes. I had placed on the table some papers, pens, and magazines about room decoration I had found in a cabinet in the living room.

''I was just looking at some nice photos I found.'' I replied.

''I'll bring my laptop from the living room and then we'll start.'' Nadia said and went to retrieve her laptop.