Eva (Iesha) Seaberry

I almost saw you today.

At around 5:00.

I didn't get to, though.

I was so tired.

I stayed up almost all night because I wanted to see you one last time before there was music and people celebrating.

But why would they be celebrating?

You're gone.

Mama saw you though.

She said that you were dressed in purple and you looked beautiful.

I believe her.

You've always been a beautiful person.

Mama said you looked like you were sleeping.

Aunt Sandra and her kids saw your phone.

It was only pictures of me and you.

We used to go everywhere together.

To church, to resteraunts, to parks and even to gas stations and convinience stores.

You were my angel.

You cared about me and you cared for me.

Eva, I will see you, for the last time, tomorrow.

I will be there.

I promise.

I will see when the hearse drives away.

I will see when the casket is closed for the final time.

I will see when you are placed in the earth.

I will see when I place flowers near the tomb stone.

But that will be the last time I see you.

I think that's the worst part about everything.

I remember the last thing I said to you before I left your house, "I love you and I'll see you again, soon." I was 10.

I was going to tell you everything I've done because of the confidence and mindset that you gave me.

I was going to show you drawings and poems that I had made for you.

I was going to share music that I had practiced for you.

I won't be able to do that now.

You taught me so much.

You taught me to forgive people and that no matter how bad or ugly somebody has been to me or others, it's because they think they have a reason.

You taught me that love is something that is to be shared as often as possible.

You taught me that colour does not define a person.

You taught me that no matter what happens, family will always be there to help you.

Thank you, for the lessons you have taught me and for the love you shared with me.

I don't know much about heaven, but one thing is for sure; I know that you're there.

So Eva, for the last time: I love you and I will see you again one day.

*******************************

I will not be very active for a while.

I lost a very dear loved one and she taught me so much about the world and how not everybody is a bad person even if they act as though are one.

Most bad people are bad because they have never had someone to tell them that they are loved.

I will probably make a poem tomorrow and that will be the last one for a while.

I don't know how long I'll be gone but hopefully I'll be back soon.

You are a very loved person and I hope that you have a wonderul day/night.

Goodbye, I'll be back soon.

~Kira

(Word count: 525)