Chapter Twenty-one

Rayne had been awoken by Jinxx. He pounced on Rayne's chest and sat peering down at him.

"Hey. Where's Sally?" He yawned. Sally wasn't next to him like she was just hours ago. It was nine in the morning.

He trotted down the stairs and found Sally in the kitchen. 'Oh my god she's perfect!' He thought.

She was wearing her pajamas still, baggy pants and a black tee shirt with her hair in a curly ponytail. She was also making Rayne's favorite breakfast food, bacon and chocolate chip pancakes.

"Sally! Did I ever tell you that you're the best?" He hugged Sally and kissed her cheek.

"Not yet but I'll accept it now." She kissed him back and flipped another pancake onto the plate.

She placed the pancakes and bacon at Rayne's place and sat in the chair next to him.

"Happy birthday eve." She said. He had almost forgotten! He was so wrapped up in fixing the house and being with Sally that he had nearly forgotten his own birthday!

"Aw thanks darling!" He said, taking in a mouthful of pancake.

"It was no trouble." She grinned.

"Did you sleep okay?" There was a slight hint of worry in his voice.

"After I moved to your room."

"Yeah, we have to work on getting you better." He noticed she still hadn't taken a single bite of her pancake.

"Can you just eat something? For me?" He raised his eyebrows and frowned.

"Do I have to? I don't really want anything." She shrugged.

"Yes. Yes you do."

Just as she opened her mouth to say something Rayne grabbed the whipped cream and squirted some into her mouth.

"GAH!" She flailed in her chair before pushing Rayne away.

"What was that for?" She said angrily.

"See, now you know how good whipped cream tastes. You very well could've forgotten after not eating anything since you've been here." He laughed.

Sally was not amused.

"You're right. I think I'll have some... In your room."

She bolted up the stairs and locked the door to Rayne's room. He pounded on the door and pleaded to be let in as Sally wrote in giant letters on the floor, 'Whipped cream is unhealthy.'

She tossed the can aside and unlocked the door.

"SALLY!" Rayne laughed and marveled at the mess she had made. Usually, he would've been angered by something like this, but he didn't mind at all.

"I'll clean it up." She said. "Just don't force feed me again." She grabbed a cloth and cleaned up the whipped cream.

"I'll be back soon sweetheart." Rayne said.

"Where are you going?"

"You'll know as soon as I get back."