Fifteen- a walk on the wild side

Everything is frantic and blurry. I'm kissing him one second and then we're disconnected and fabric passes over my head. Then, before I can even register it, we're kissing again.

I can't string together a single thought. I can't think straight for the life of me.

The only thing on my mind is that there's too much distance between Ethan and I. We are pressed together and yet we are so far from each other. I didn't know anyone could feel such an overwhelming need to be close to someone else until now.

It's unbearable.

"Lenora—" Ethan whispers my name against my cheek and then his lips move to my jaw.

"Don't say anything. Just keep kissing me," I demand.

I crave his touch more than I crave oxygen. I need it more than I need my own beating heart or functioning brain. He is the scorching hot sun that burns me but I can't pull my hands away from his flame.

I feel his nose trace down my neck and he presses his lips to my collarbone. I gasp in surprise and my hands jump to Ethan's red hair. I wind my fingers into his curls and hold his head to me.

Getting impatient, I pull back on his head and put my hands on my mate's shoulders. I walk forwards so Ethan has to take quick backwards steps to keep up with me. My eyes never waver from Ethan's.

Once the backs of his knees bump into the bed behind him, he falls back into a sitting position on the bed. Ethan leans back on his hands behind his back while his eyes follow my every move.

I raise one leg and slowly place it on the bed next to Ethan's leg. Then, I lean forwards and move my other leg to his other side. I lower myself so that I am fully straddling Ethan's lap—a look of complete wonder and awe crosses his face.

"You are a goddess," his voice is raspy and low.

The corner of my mouth turns up in a smirk and I push Ethan's shoulders back so that he is lying on the bed with his legs bent over the edge.

"No," I shake my head, "I'm not a goddess—I'm a devil."

"Then send me to hell."

"You're already going there," I press my lips against Ethan's bare chest before he can reply. He's surprised at first but he recovers quickly.

His hands cup the back of my thighs and I can feel his fingers tugging on the edges of my shorts. I trail my hands down Ethan's toned stomach to the top of his jeans. The tips of my fingers slide beneath his belt but I pull them away quickly when Ethan's hips raise upwards. His groan of disappointment makes me chuckle.

Instead, I wrap my fingers around the buckle and without taking my lips off of Ethan's shoulder I undo the clasp. The metal clinks and falls to either side.

When I get Ethan's jeans undone I stand up to tug them down his legs.

"Come back," Ethan calls when I don't return to his lap right away.

I stand in front of his spread legs in my bra and shorts. I look down at my mate with heated eyes. My right hand reaches up to slip the strap off my left shoulder. Ethan's eyes cling to my bare shoulder and follow my hands as they reach behind my back to unclip the fasten of my bra. It slides down the rest of my arms and hits the floor.

Next, I unbutton my shorts and shimmy then down my legs before I climb back onto Ethan's lap.

"I really meant it when I said I never—"

"I know," I interrupt Ethan's nervous stuttering. The poor boy can't take his eyes off of me long enough to form a coherent thought. "I'll do the work," I lean down and pull Ethan's ear between my teeth gently, "as always."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I get it now," Ethan's pointer finger lazily slides up and down against the top of my arm.

On my side I can only make out half of his face so I shift slightly to see him better over the curve of the pillow our heads are resting on, "what do you get?"

"Why you had sex so much," Ethan smirks and his eyes glint with a spark of mischief.

I roll my eyes and lightly punch my mate's shoulder, "shut up asshole. You're just upset you missed out on your chance to whore around because now you're mine." My voice slips out in a low growl.

"I'm yours?" His eyebrows raise slightly but his finger doesn't stop his casual movements.

I move my head closer to his and dig my nails into his back, "that doesn't mean I still don't hate you."

Ethan smiles softly and his eyes don't meet mine, "I know."

"What do we do know?" I ask and roll over to lie on my back. Staring up at the stingy white hotel ceiling it's easy to imagine that my problems of this morning don't exist but they still do.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, clearly, we can't break this bond. I'm past that—" I begin.

"Took you long enough," Ethan mumbles under his breath.

"I'm trying to make a plan here," I sass.

"We've made it this far, we should just carry on moving around until things die down."

"You don't get it," I turn back to my side but prop myself up on my elbow. "Damon won't stop hunting us until we're dead. The only way to stop running is to end this."

"How?" His eyebrows furrow in confusion and his lips turn into a slight frown.

"I'm not sure," I admit and bite my bottom lip, lost in thought.

"It's either kill or be killed, Lenora. You know what we have to do."

I sit up fully at Ethan's preposterous suggestion, "I will not leave Eva mateless to suffer alone."

"How good of a friend is she if she can't even get Damon to call off the hunt?" Ethan points out and I hate him for making sense.

He has a point. I would never do this to Eva so why is she letting this happen to me?

"That doesn't make it right," I shake the dark thoughts from my head—furious at myself that I even thought them in the first place.

"Killing isn't a it right and wrong—it's about surviving or not."

Again, I hate him for being right.

"My answer is still no," I state firmly.

Ethan mumbles a fine and plops back onto his back, "then what?"

I sigh and fall back as well. The world wasn't built for 19 year olds to be worrying about such things.

Just then, the shrill ring of a phone breaks the silence between Ethan and I. It's earsplitting and I flinch in response.

"Hello?" I answer cautiously after picking up the unknown number. "Who is this?"

"Nora," I immediately recognize the voice on the other end of the line and gasp in surprise.

My heart squeezes and I tighten my grip on the handheld hotel phone, "Mai."