Chapter Eighteen~Imaginary Friends. Well Friend:

My eyes snapped open-was I awake now?-I stood up looking around at my surroundings. 

It was all black-wait no. 

There was something behind me. 

I dared look behind myself, revealing a fox. 

There was nothing off about the fox-but wait there was. 

The fox was a bright orange fox, but that was one of the many things that made it so beautiful. 

The She-Fox had a bit of a green-blue glow coming from behind her. As if we were underwater. Are we underwater-and who are 'we'? Me and...? So many more questions that feel like they will never be solved. 

The fox had her warm, orange eyes on me this whole time as I looked at the strange features flowing from her fur. Her appearance made me feel warm inside, as if she was the most comforting thing in the world. 

There were flames blazing on the tips of her already fiery fur. Mostly on the ends of her fur. Such as her tail, her ears, muzzle, paws, and throughout her body. She was laying on some sort of bramble. 

This Fox was quite the sight. 

"Sophia," she called silently

I blinked in slight confusion, "That's the name, don't wear it out." 

"Sophia..." She whispered, just as the fire that clothed her was whispering in tranquil crackles. 

"Uhm. Yes?" 

"Remember me?" 

"I don't." 

She seemed to some extent offended, "I'm Phoenix." 

"Still not ringing a bell," I replied. It really wasn't ringing a bell. 

Her voice was loud, but was as soft as a feather, "I'm the story you created. I am-Well was your imaginary friend." 

"Exactly, imaginary friend. 'Imaginary', not real friend. You don't exist, therefore I'm not in the real world." 

"What's the difference between Reality, and Dreams?" 

"I don't know, what is this school or something? Mrs. Phoenix, I have no idea what in the whiskers of the world you're talking about." 

"I have already taught you this." 

"If you're my imaginary friend, then everything you know is everything I know," I reasoned. 

"Just like we both know you claim to have no real friends. Just 'allies'. I'm pretty sure they find that offensive." 

I snorted, "'They'?"  Yes! I have successfully avoided her Dreams versus Reality question! 

"That's what you call them, don't you? 'They'. 'They' are 'allies'."