Chapter 15

A/N: So in the game, you don't go super, the chaos emeralds aren't even seen.. But for this part... I feel like making it super special! Since we don't know much about the Phantom Ruby, I'm going to make my own info up and... New forms!! I'll do my best to describe them okay? Okay! Awesome! Enjoy...

The three heroes ran towards the large Death Egg Robot, determined to win, to end the war. Doctor Eggman watched with amusement in his eyes, waiting for the right opportunity to strike. Classic Sonic attacked first, spin-dashing into the robot's arm.

Not even a scratch was left behind. Landing, Classic frowned at the minimal damage, the robot wasn't affected. Instead, it swung it's long, metallic arms at the smaller Sonic, and the light blue hedgehog barely dodged.

"Careful Classic." Sonic yelled a warning, before jumping and attacking the robot's shoulder with a homing-attack. He bounced back, leaving a scratch and a small dent. Landing, he smirked to himself, "You need to aim for the weak points, remember that for future fights okay?"

Classic nodded, before spin-dashing back into action. He aimed at the robot's stomach, denting it slightly. Smiling in triumph, he jumped, watching as (Y/N) used her grappling hook to attack. She aimed at the other arm, hitting it in the elbow joint, also leaving only minimal damage.

She landed with a small growl, studying the bot in hopes it was affected. However, it just floated there, moving slightly as if to float in the air.

"Are you done yet?" The Doctor asked mockingly, causing the three to growl.

-He's just toying with us...- (Y/N) thought to herself, -The robot is completely indestructible, how are we meant to win?-

Tails's voice came over the ear-piece in a sound of rushed worry, "Guys! You need to aim for the chest, that's where Eggman is keeping the Phantom Ruby power sources! Destroy that, and you'll be able to win!"

Sonic nodded, before glancing at the other two and giving them a thumbs up, "Shall we?"

The other two nodded, and all three took off towards the robot's chest. Eggman smirked evilly, watching as they ran right into his trap.

Just as all three jumped to attack, the large robotic arms went flying. One knocked Classic Sonic into the ground, causing the smaller hedgehog to let out a yelp, rubbing his head. The other caught onto (Y/N)'s grappling hook, forcing the (a/t) to swing into it's metal arm. She let out a grunt and fell to the ground, holding her own arm.

Sonic managed to dodge the swinging limbs, but glanced down at the two in alarm, "Classic! (Y/N)!" He landed, running over to the (a/t). She groaned, sitting up slowly, and Classic stood, shaking his fur, before limping over to the others.

Eggman cackled at the heroes, watching as they tried to shake off the hits. Sonic glared up at him, standing in front of the other two with a growl. No way was Eggman going to hurt (Y/N) and get away with it. He took off, charging towards the robot.

"Sonic wait!" (Y/N) called, watching him disappear in a puff of dust. The blue blur ran, before spin-dashing into the robot at full speed. The robot bounced back, and Eggman yelped in shock.

Sonic landed, before glancing back at the other two, "Are you guys okay?"

They nodded, both now standing and regaining their energy. This fight was going to be a long one, and they knew they needed as much energy as they could muster. Eggman's glasses gleamed. This was his chance!

Suddenly, a shadow appeared over Sonic, and the hedgehog looked around in confusion. (Y/N) and Classic's eyes both widened in fear, and they started towards him.