Chapter 14

Sonic and (Y/N) were running back, expecting something to happen as they hurried to their team. The two were tense, ready to spring into battle at any moment.

They could see the battlefield in the distance, and what Knuckles had said was true. The clones were disappearing, and everyone was celebrating.

Had Eggman been bluffing?

(Y/N) glanced at the hedgehog, who seemed to relax slightly. He must have been bluffing. What more could Eggman do anyway? With his plans ruined, and his base destroyed he would have to retreat.

The two jumped down, landing with the team, and Tails flew over with Classic Sonic. Tails hugged Sonic tightly, his twin tails swaying happily. Classic Sonic turned to (Y/N) and gave her a thumbs up, smiling as well.

The relief seemed to wash over the two as they realised they had won. The fight really was over.

"We did it!" Sonic smiled triumphantly, "Eggman's army's is officially butt-kicked! We won!"

He smiled at the thought, turning to the (a/t). She smiled back and they went to fist-bump, however the ground started to shake, and any doubt Sonic and (Y/N) had came zooming back. Also the disappointment of still needing to fight...

"Oh, come on! Now what?" The blue hedgehog complained, "Can't we ever just win and have that be the end of it?"

"Look!" Tails exclaimed, pointing as Eggman appeared inside a giant Death Egg Robot.

"Gotcha!" The evil scientist yelled, "The fortress reactor was just a decoy. A true winner always keeps his trump card hidden until the end."

"Sonic, what's going on?" Vector's voice sounded in everyone's ear pieces, "There aren't less enemies! There's MORE!"

"How could there be so many?" Amy asked worriedly.

"Confirmed sightings indicate Shadow, Metal Sonic, Zavok, Chaos, Infinite... Thousands of them!" Rouge added.

The (a/t) blinked, glancing at the others who all listened, completely shocked. Classic Sonic gripped his fists tightly, a frown clear on his muzzle. He glanced at Tails, who was starting to shake as he listened.

Sonic took a glance at his friends, before glaring at the doctor, a growl forming in his throat, "What have you done!?"

(Y/N) was slightly taken back, seeing Sonic so angry was a first. However, she had to stop the growl forming in her own throat, turning to stare at the evil scientist.

Dr. Eggman laughed, "I merely incorporated the Phantom Ruby into this Death Egg Robot."

"But... That means the Phantom Ruby no longer has a vulnerable energy supply. It's an invulnerable ruby...?" He rubbed his head, giving Sonic a worried look.

"A good deduction, Tails." Eggman smiled, "This Death Egg Robot has... No, I have surpassed Infinite to become the complete and ultimate form. You will be crushed by this Death Egg Robot powered by the Phantom Ruby, and in the end everything will still be just as I planned!"

He laughed, before sending a large burst of energy towards the group. The four shielded their eyes, doing their best to not lose their balance as the energy ripped at their fur. The older blue hedgehog growled loudly.

"Your plan will end like all your plans do: with you sitting in a pile of busted robot parts wondering how you failed so badly. Let's get them!" He yelled and charged at Eggman. Classic Sonic and (Y/N) followed close behind, getting ready to battle.

Sorry guys, another quickie.. But I promise to make the last two chapters as long as possible! (oops, nearing the end of the story...) I hope you've enjoyed it so far, and I can't wait to see this through to the end with you guys!
Haven Out!!!