Chapter 6

I look down from the window to see Nixon, Kade and a couple of their friends I have yet to be introduced to, be fascinated by Kade's motorcycle. The revved engine gave me a tingle sensation that probably no other man will give me. 

Cars and motorcycles are my weakness, but good luck trying to convince my dad that I am capable of driving one. I shake my head at myself while I let go of the curtains. I turn back to the girls that are getting ready for a very long night. 

My hands are still shaking from my dream. I haven't spoken to Camilla about it since it occurred. I probably never will. She will never understand. She has her mate, the person she is going to spend the rest of her life with. She can't possible understand the mixed feelings I have for a guy who could possibly be my mate. A feeling of fear. 

My mother told me stories that when you find your mate, it is the most magical thing you could ever feel. You'll feel safe and like you belong. There is no doubts. No worry. He will be the only thing that you will ever think about. He will be your protector, lover and best friend. 

She never told me that your mate could possibly be the end of your lifetime. I wasn't prepared for this, I guess no-one ever really is. I like to think that the Moon-Goddess sets us up with the right people, but now I'm wondering if I should doubt her intentions. What is her path for me? Am I mean't to die? Should I just accept my fate?

But that would go completely against everything I believe in and stand for. I'm a fighter and stubborn woman. Atleast that's what Nixon says. Nixon...

I heard there were loop holes in picking your own mate. If you mated and marked another wolf you could potentially be destined to them forever, or back fire and be destined alone forever. Sometimes the Moon-Goddess will be generous. If I give in to Nixon.. NO. That would be completely against the natural mating process.

Is it really wrong though? We are engaged to be married.. He won't kill me.. I'd hope.

"Are you sure you want to go out tonight?", Zara comes up and starts to rub my arm. She's the only one that really knows what happened in my dream, since she reads minds and all. I actually only confine in her. She doesn't judge nor is she pushy. 

"Yeah.. I'm fine. I just need to clear my mind", I give her a weak smile even though I know she knows differently. I go to my closet and pull off my over sized t-shirt. I lightly brush against the cocktail dresses I have. I have too many to count since I'm always at a gathering for the council. Soon to be Alpha and all. 

Zara had on a tight leather black dress that was strapless, paired with a black wedged heel. Instead of having her very pitch black hair up, she let it fall natural in big bold curls against her chest. Mariah on the other hand.. well you know her. 

She had on a cheetah print two piece. The top cut off at her belly button so you could see her shiny belly piercing. The bottoms are a skirt-like piece that silts up on the side up to her hip bone. She paired her outfit to dark red heels. 

I pluck a royal blue short dress. I slip it on, braless since it literally doesn't call for one. The top part creates a V shape on my breast just below my boobs, so it's a huge cleavage show. The dress stops just below my bum. I slide my feet into black heels. 

I huff out before rising off the bed. Camilla barges in the room in her saint like dress. I knew she wouldn't show much of her skin, even though she probably has the best body out of all of us. She had on a white dress with sleeves that poof out at her hips. 

"I'm ready to get on the dance floor guys.." Mariah whined.

"The guys are ready to go, it's like 10 o'clock already", Camilla picked up her purse and headed out the door and Mariah followed.