Breaking Point (Part 9)

Queen

I open my eyes and see Zo by my side holding my hand with his eyes closed. The room is cold, and I can't feel my legs. I frown at the stiffness of this mask and I try to move it, but I'm still too weak.
"She's awake!"
A nurse says and proceeds to ask me questions. Zo opens his eyes and gives me a kiss on my cheek. I run my hand through his beard and notice his eyes are red and puffy. Was he crying?
"Everything's gone be alright Ma"
What is he talking about?
I look around and realize this isn't a regular hospital room. My hands have needles in them and there are 4 doctors working behind a curtain.
What's going on?
I hear crying and Zo starts smiling.
"Queen look!
I turn my head, and see the doctor holding C.J. above the curtain briefly, before
taking him to a small table to clean him up. I try to look between, the nurses to see him when they wheel him out of the room. I frown and look at Zo.
"Yo, where they taking my son?!"
We're taking him down to the NICU Sir,
he needs to be monitored but you're more than welcome to come with us.
He looks back at me and I nod, he kissed my forehead, "I'll be right back babygirl", he lets my hand go and follows the nurses down the hall way.

Zo
I follow the nurses to the end of the hall as they wheeled Cj into the nicu. They weigh him before checking his vitals and immediately get to work. Three nurses are going back and forth and all I can do is stand there. One of the nurses comes in with a long, thin green tube.
"Yo what is that?"
"It's.. a..  breathing tube Sir. The baby is too small to breathe on his own."
"Where tf does that go?"
"In his nose.."
I frown at her and look at the tube again.
"Is it gone hurt him? Like will he feel it?"
"He'll feel a slight pinch but it won't hurt him, and after a few minutes he wont even feel it."
I look down at Cj and back at the nurse, "Alright man. Hurry up"
"Don't worry Sir, your son is in good hands. He's gonna be just fine. He's strong, just like your wife."
She smiles warmly at me while preparing Cj's breathing tubes.
"Oh no she's my', I pause, ' W..w.. we uhh we're not married. Yet. We're not married yet."
I smile back.
"But I do love her. Very much.. I can't imagine my life without her."
The nurse looks at me with teary eyes.
"Ohh, how sweet! She and your son are so blessed to have you"
"Preciate it." I blush.
"Oh, Your Welcome Sir. I didn't catch your name?"

"Clarence. But you can call me Zo. Short for Lorenzo. I go by that the most"