Breaking Point (Part 8)

Zo
I pull into the hospital parking lot and bust through emergency doors I look around and see no signs of Queen. I run to the desk
"What room is Queen in?"
"Who?" The nurse snarls at me with this nasty ass attitude.
"Queen, Queen Bulls"
"Hold On.."
She types on her computer for what seems like an eternity before looking up at me.
"We don't have a patient with that name here"
"Yes you do! Emergency just brought here here!"
"Sir, no one has been brought here on an emergency"
My blood starts to boil,
"Look lady, my girl is here and she's pregnant with my kid. I need to know if she's okay."
"Sir, I'm trying to tell you she isn't here, maybe you have the wrong place."
I'm trying to stay patient but this lady is getting me dumb tight.
I slam my hand on the counter
"I'M NOT GONE ASK YOU NO MORE,WHERE THE FUCK IS SHE AT"
"SHE'S NOT HERE!"

"Out of the way! Out of the way!
She's coding find a doctor, we need an emergency delivery"
I turn my head and see them rushing Queen inside.
Her hand is hanging limply alongside the railing of the gurney.
The sheet underneath her is covered in blood, and her stomach is tight from CJ contracting. I run behind them trying to follow.
"What's going on? What happened to her? What the fuck did yall do?"
"Hold on just a minute Sir we need to get her to an O.R. She's loosing to much blood the doctor needs to perform a Caesarean."
"I need to get in there!!"
"I'm sorry Sir, you'll have to wait outside."
"Nahh that's my kid. I'm not waiting outside"
"You're the baby's father?"
"Ain't that what I told you? What nigga you know claimin kids that ain't theirs?
"Suit him up!" The nurse yells.
"Suit me up for what?"
"You can't just walk in there with your clothes.You need to be protected, Follow Nurse Jackie to the changing stalls then come to 802"
"Nah ain't no time for all that,I'll put shit on right here."

I hurry up and pulls the scrubs over my clothes, and stuff my Timbs in those flimsy ass booties before walking in the room. Doctors and nurses are scrambling around the room plugging Queen into monitors, and sticking IV's into her arm and hand.
"WE NEED OXYGEN!"
A nurse places a mask around Queens mouth and nose and small but steady fog fills it up.
"At least she's still breathing.Please God let my babies pull through."
I sat beside Queen's end of the operating table and grabbed her hand, holding it tighter than I ever have before.
I place my forehead on hers and kiss her. "You a solider baby, you got this.
CJ's gone be straight I promise, but you gotta pull through for me Queen."
"Sheet!"
The nurses set up the curtain to separate us from her lower half.
"Does she have any existing medical conditions? And is she allergic to any medications?"
"She's anemic, and nah no allergies"
"Her iron is extremely low so we're going to give her a shot of hemoglobin.
And due to the blood loss, she needs to  have a blood transfusion, do you know her blood type?
"Yeah she's AB+, please don't give her anything but O"
"Don't worry Sir we'll take care of her."
They had already started the transfusion and were done prepping her for surgery.
I held her hand and prayed.
Not just for her but for CJ, she was having him at 30 weeks and
I knew he was gonna be small. 
The doctor said he had a good chance of making it so I'm just hoping she's right.
The doctors are working carefully and Queen is stablizing.
I squeeze her hand and close my eyes and continue to pray.