"It's amazing, right?" Sam asked when he saw the look on my face.

I nodded excitedly, swallowing the shake. "It's so good."

"Everyone needs a Patty's milkshake at least once in their life," Sam replied. "It should be a law."

"Agreed," I answered with a nod.

Suddenly, my phone started buzzing in my pocket. I pulled it out to check the caller I.D. Nathan. I debated on letting it go to voicemail, but decided on answering it.

"What?" I answered not too kindly.

"Where are you?" Nathan asked just as harshly. "I'm at the bakery now."

I could feel my anger building up at him. Did he think I was going to wait around all day for him.

"I got a ride," I told him. "Because you weren't there this morning to drive me."

I tried keeping my voice even and calm since I was out in public, but Nathan had a way of making me angry like no one else could.

"So you're home?" he wondered.

"I'm out at lunch," I responded, leaning back in my seat.

Sam gave me a knowing look as if telling me to refrain from telling Nathan who I was out with. However, at this point Nathan had made me so angry that I wanted him to know I was out with Sam.

"With who?" Nathan snapped like he already knew.

"Sam," I answered blandly.

Nathan was quiet for a moment before he started screaming at me. I could almost feel the heat from his voice through the phone.

"What did I tell you about hanging around with him?" Nathan spat harshly. "Where are you? I'm coming to get you."

"No, you're not," I snapped back quietly. "I'm going to finish my lunch and I'll see you later."

I hung up the phone without a second thought, putting it on silent and shoving it back into my pocket.

"Nathan seemed mad," Sam commented, sipping on his milkshake.

"I don't want to talk about him," I murmured. No matter how mad my brother made me, I didn't want to shit talk him to his enemy.

"I get why he doesn't want us hanging out," Sam said understandingly. "My friends were kinda pissed when they found out I was working with you."

"They were?" I asked, surprised.

Sam nodded. "This whole Knight versus Warrior thing gets kinda out of hand."

"Yeah, it does," I agreed.

I never really liked the rivalry between the two schools. It brought out the ugly side of Nathan that I preferred not to see.

"Why aren't you so worried about the rivalry?" I decided to ask. It seemed like everyone but us in our two schools were hellbent on hating each other.

Sam just shrugged. "I guess I am a little. I won't lie, I don't like your brother, but you're not him and we work together. It's best if at least the two of us get along."