Chapter 35

35| Disturbing Behavior

I grabbed the ingredients and Damon looks over his shoulder at me

"I just don't know why you want to bring chili to a potluck. Everybody brings chili." I looked at him and sighted, adding the ingredient in the pot. Alaric enters and looks between me and Damon.

"Hey, Ric."

"What's up?"

"What time do you want to go to the Lockwood party?" I asked Alaric. He scratches his neck and looks at me and Damon.

"Ah. Those founders parties aren't really my thing."

"Show up, there's going to be nine other people that brought chili." Damon playfully glanced at me and I looked up at him.

"It's an old family recipe, okay? This chili is deliciously made."

"Yeah! I know. I knew your old family. Your wrong, it's not a delicious chili, they made sucky chili." Damon looks at me and smiles, we bumped each other's shoulders in a playful manner. I laugh and gave him a warm smile at the same time. Alaric look at us.

"Why are you here, exactly?"

"She knows." Damon motions over to me and I sighted, looking at Alaric.

"He thinks I'm going to break. I'm not going to break. I am just going to keep making chili, pretend like I didn't just spend the entire summer looking for someone who didn't want to be found. Elena would've been disappointed in him completely."

"She's in denial." I glared at Damon. He just ruined one good mood for us right now. Way to go Damon.

"I'm not in denial." I hissed at Damon while whispering to him. Damon looks at my bracelet and I sighted, getting annoyed by his presence.

"No?" He gets closer to her and touches my bracelet and I happened to be wearing Elena's necklace.

"You're still wearing this bracelet, and the necklace, that he gave to Elena. Isn't this the reminder of your unbreakable bond with Stefan? And Elena's unbreakable bound with Stefan as well?" Alaric watches us. I shrug it off and resumed to cooking the chili.

The doorbell ringed soon and I walked over to the door, opening it to see Bonnie and Caroline. I smiled a little bit and wiped my hands on my apron. Caroline's holding a bowl of food in her hands.

"I come bearing gifts!" Caroline exclaims, holding out the food. I let out a groan.

"Please say that's not chili..." I stepped aside and Bonnie appears and comes in.

"Bonnie! Oh my god!"

"I'm back!" We embrace each other and then pull apart as Bonnie looks between me and Caroline,"I leave town for the summer and everything goes to hell for the both of you." Caroline and I look at each other. Jeremy comes down the stairs.