Chapter 30

30| The Last Day & The Sun Also Rises

Me, Elena, Stefan, and Elijah are in the living room while Damon is still asleep, or so I presume

Me, Elena, Stefan, and Elijah are in the living room while Damon is still asleep, or so I presume. Elena and Stefan sit next to each other on the couch and I seat in a separate chair near the fireplace while Elijah is standing up explaining to us.

"Tonight is the full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse."

"Lyanna said that the Sun and the Moon curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus."

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it...He'll be a true hybrid." He looks between us all and I find a raven haired behind Elijah, as Stefan looks between me and Elena.

"Then why are we letting him break the curse? We can kill him today. With Bonnie." I sighted and leaned back in the chair. Stefan looks between me and Elena, then back at his brother.

"Damon..." Stefan warns Damon and I looked at Elena.

"No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying." Says and Damon looks between us.

"I'll write her a great eulogy." I walked up to Damon as he said this and Elena leans back into the couch glaring at him.

"It's not an option, Damon, and what did I say last night? Just let us think ok? We still have some time before I have to hand myself over." Damon glared at me and I nod my head, trying to make him calm. Stefan speaking up next, tired of hearing his brother's bickering.

"All right, how do we break this curse?" Stefan asks Elijah.

"Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know."

"The moonstone."

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each." Oh my god....

"And where do I fit into it or at least me and Elena fit into it?" I asked and Damon wraps his arms around my waist.

"The final part of the ritual," Elijah walks up to a book shelve and grabs a box,"Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger...to the point of your death." Everyone looks at me, as does Damon, whom removes his arms around my waist. Stefan takes Elena's hand and Elijah opens the box up, taking out a jar out from it.

"And that's where you come in." I stated looking at the jar.

"This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation, but it's only enough for one person. So if Klaus was to drink from two doppelgängers, it would come down between you and Elena." I looked at Elena worrying and looked at Damon, who held fear in his eyes that no one else could see but me.