Part 15: Getting Out Alive

—————
Alex
—————

Alex watched as the people he knew were getting closed in on by the people of the cathedral. He felt nothing.
He wasn't rooting for anyone, he didn't like the cathedrals, nor did he care if they succeeded in whatever they wanted to do with the people from uni, but he also didn't care about what happened to them.

Weird to think how he just didn't care, about his old mates, his new mates, anything. It was just all empty and pointless. Amazing how things changed once you were exposed to the real, harsh world.

"ALFIE!" He heard Elise cry out.

It's funny how such a familiar voice just seemed so distant now.

"It's okay, Elise! Just stay where you are!" He heard Alfie shout back.

Brave. He'd give him that, it was commendable of him to not want her to be put in any more danger than she already was.

"Get the girl." Alex whispered into the all seeings ear.

The all seeing caught onto it and stood tall, expanding his lungs and shouting.

"Get that fucking girl!"

A section of the crowd broke off, going to the group that had stayed near the doors.

"Hey! Nah nah nah! You better fuck off!" A young lad, maybe 16, shouted at the second crowd.

And second, older boy joined him, who Alex had only met once and recognised as 'Bailey.'

"Yeah, you better walk away now." He warned, pulling out his shotgun.

Malik didn't say anything but stood in front of Elise, pulling out his pistol also.

—————
Alfie
—————

"Elise!" Alfie yelled.

"Regroup! They're in danger!" Marley barked, stamping on the floor when a cult member got too close.

Dolton moves forward, aiming for the weakest, least manned part of the crowd.

"Fuck outta my face!" He spat, shoving the deranged woman to the floor.

The group quickly moved through the small opening Dolton had created, sending the blue man into a craze of laughter.

"You fuckers! You understand nothing!" He screamed.

"Elise! I'm here!" Alfie said, coming and joining the line Bailey and Jay had formed.

All the while in the background, the blue man started chanting, getting louder and more wordless as the crowd around him joined in.

"Get the door open!" Dolton ordered Elise as he shoved another cult member back.

Alfie caught a glance of Marley struggling as a crazed man grabbed ahold of him, trying to rag his head around with his hands.
Marley struggled and lashed out at the man, elbowing him in the nose and pushing him away.

"Get out!" Elise shouted, holding the door open.

"Go on, file out!" Alfie shouted, slowly backing away as the crowd got closer and closer.

Soon it was just Malik that was with him, the others had got outside and were now shouting at them to leave.

"Stay where you fucking are!" Malik yelled, waving his pistol around.