T H I R T Y F I V E

Jung Hoseok

4 policemen tackled the two men in black to the floor and kicked the gun out of his hand.

Police cars drove into the parking lot, one by one. Police officers piled around and soon....this empty parking lot became a crime scene.

It was a blur and every sound was muffled in my ears.

I held Emi in my arms as I gently shook her around, trying to get her eyes to open.

Tears ran down my cheeks as her head continuously fails to keep up straight.

I looked at her bloody wound and could feel the pain hit me too.

I cried harder as I begged her to stay with me. I begged her to not die. I begged her to open her eyes. I begged her to breathe.

My voice sounded so distant as I screamed in agony. It sounded so...unreal.

This all seemed so unreal.

I held Emi close to me and I continued to cry against the crook of her neck.

It should've been me, I thought.

He could've shot me instead.

HE SHOULD'VE SHOT ME INSTEAD OF SHOOTING HER!

My hand was pressed against her wound, thinking if I held it there...the blood would stop flowing out.

If I stop the bleeding, she will live, right? That's how it works, right?

I was suddenly pulled away from her and two paramedics lifted her up onto the orange stretcher.

I screamed and told them to not hurt her. I screamed at them to save her. I screamed and screamed and screamed.

My body flails around, trying to get whoever has their hands on me to let go.

I need to be with her!

Lucas grabs me by the shoulders and turns me to him. He slaps my cheek a bit and wiggles me around.

His mouth was moving. He was saying something to me, but I couldn't hear him.

All I heard was the sound of the sirens and paramedics bringing Emi into the back of the ambulance car.

Lucas pulls me in and hugs me tightly.

I cried on his shoulder and gripped onto his shirt.

"It's going to be ok."

Was all I heard.

*

"Let me go with her." I pleaded so weakly.

"We need you down at the police station for questioning."

"I need to be with her. I need to know that she's alive." I whimpered.

"We're going to ask you some questions first. Alright, Jung Hoseok?"

*

My eyes never blinked as I kept a stare on the floor by my feet.

Lucas and Seokjin were sitting in chairs besides me and they were deathly silent too.

The police officers asked us various questions about what happened and how did it start.

Seokjin answered most, Lucas answered some, and I didn't say a single word.

"How did you know where we were?" Seokjin asks.

"It was your female friend who called us."

A wave of sadness came over me like I was drowning in an ocean. Tears bursted out of me as I thought about her.