"Yes, darling?" I ask innocently, as if she hadn't just seen me kiss a man in the middle of a crowd. I knew she must have some questions but I wasn't very sure of what exactly to tell her. We both had been so caught up on the moment that we forgot that there were other people there with us. One of them being our granddaughter, which he didn't even know he had.

"Huh...How do you know Señor Cienfuegos?" she asks. Sly was right there with her holding her close to him. An image that could be reflected to me and Fernando since he was holding me just as he was holding her. I could feel his eyes on me all the time, he hasn't look away once and it was making me itchy not to be able to give him all of my attention.

"I will answer all of your answers later honey, I have to talk to Fernando first." I tell her then I grab his hand and pull him towards the house.

"But..." I hear her complain but I could only take one at the time.

"Here" Fernando says directing me to what seemed to be an office. He closes the door behind us. A minute passed where all we did was gaze at each other. The longing was there, evident in each other eyes but fifty years had passed, a lot as changed, we didn't know where we both stand with each other now.

"You look as beautiful today as you did the first time I saw you" he says killing the silence

"It's been fifty years Fernando" I tell him, I could feel a blush starting to make it's way into my cheeks. This man always did know what to say to get me blushing.

"Todavía eres la mujer más hermosa que he visto en mi vida" he insists

"There is a lot you don't know. Things that I have to tell you" I say. Why was this so hard? After so many years imagining this conversation in my head, all the words seem to have left my tongue.

"Before you say anything, let me say something, please." he says. I nod, encouraging to go on.

"Fifty years ago, when you left my life I wasn't the same man. "Robaste mi corazón all those years ago Ruby, and you have carried it with you since the day we last saw each other"

"I've carried more than your heart with me" I tell him. He looks at me confused

"When I left, it didn't take me long to find out all the sea sickness I was feeling wasn't exactly caused from the sea" I start to tell him "I was pregnant. With your child."

He seemed speechless at my revelation. I couldn't tell if he was happy or angry or anything else at all, so I just kept talking, wanting to let this secret that has been eating me out from the inside, out. "It was a girl. Since I got marry so fast after I arrived home nobody suspected the child wasn't my husband's, so he raised her as his." I confess

"Donna?" he asks slowly

"Yes" I confess

I couldn't bare to look at him. I was afraid of what I was going to find there. He said nothing and for a moment I was afraid he had left, but then I felt his arms go around me. He holds me tight to him, I hug him back. I have never really realize how much I had missed him holding me until now that he was doing it again. I breathe in his scent and I feel myself relax.

"So Sophie?" he asks

"Yes. She is your granddaughter." I respond

"So I am guessing she doesn't know" he says teasing me

"No." I inform him, letting go of his hug so that I could look at him "Nobody knows"

He caresses my face and I can't help but close my eyes, savoring the feeling of his  touch. "I might have taken your heart with me, but you weren't the only one who changed after 1959." I confess "I never realized how much I would miss you until you weren't there"

"If you will have me Ruby, I will never leave you again." He says taking my face in his hands. His face very close to mine.

"¿Que estas esperando? Bésame de una vez" I whisper

"Yes mam'" he says and he does as I asked and joins our lips together in a kiss that started gentle but that became something else as we continue. This kiss represented all the kisses we didn't had, all the love we still felt for each other. This kiss held the promise of a new life. One where we would both be together.

THE END :)

I hope you liked it! This was my take on what happened between Ruby and Fernando in Mexico and on the night they reunited (at least a part of the night).

If you liked it, you know what to do!

Vote and Comment please! Tell what you think? Would you have change anything? Added anything? Tell me your opinions.

A Love Lost in Time : A Mamma Mia Story ✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara