"Alright, alright." He continued down the hall, before unlocking his door. "Happy?"

"No," Miren said after shutting the door behind them. "I wanted to confess to Edsel. But then he confronted me about blackmailing him." She rose slightly, her glare fixing on the boy genius. "But I'm pretty sure it was you. Why the hell would you put me on the chopping block?"

"I only did it temporarily." Wallace folded his arms. "I just hacked into Edsel's email and saw an official excuse confirming the withdrawal of Parker's expulsion. Once he realizes he can't trace anything back to you the whole thing will dissolve." He was playing with his phone now. "Anyway, if I were you I'd be more concerned with what's happening outside the window."

Miren groaned in protest. She could easily just sleep forever. But curiosity killed the cat, and she found herself on her feet before she knew it. Her eyes widened when she saw them.

Channel 5 News Vans.

Vans.

"What are they talking about?--" Wallace handed her his phone. She blinked at the video on the screen before reluctantly pressing play. There was a stylish news anchor standing by the founder's fountain. With a frown she delivered her world shattering news.

"In the midst of an already divisive time in our country, it is a shame to see such acts of hate and violence occurring in supposedly safe spaces. But video footage sent by an anonymous student appears to confirm this harmful cycle of intolerance and classism. We will play a part of the video for you all now. However, please be advised that this footage is graphic. Role the clip, Ron."

And there it was. Footage of a boy getting pummeled to death in the woods. Although the lighting wasn't the best, it was hard to make out any face in particular, but a couple of boys wore Rinzen shirts, and the seal reflected better than anything in the non-existent light. When the clip ended, it went back to the woman who was shaking her head.

"Although we cannot yet release the identity of the student attacked until further investigation, it appears that there could perhaps be a bigger conspiracy surrounding both St. Rosemunde and Rinzen Academy. With one dead minority student and another one allegedly beaten to the edge of death, it is evident that Rinzen Academy will have some questions to answer as alumni arrive next week to celebrate Rinzen's 75th anniversary next week. I'm Agatha Pierse, signing off with channel--"

"Please tell me this is a sick joke," Miren said, rubbing her temple. Wallace patted her shoulder. She didn't even have to look at him to see the devastation in his eyes.

"That was you, wasn't it?" Wallace cursed as Miren breathed in heavily. "God, I'm so sorry. How did this happen?"

"I had it coming," she said, handing the device back to him. "Why the hell didn't I come clean months ago? Why did I listen to Jeno?"

"I hate to say it, but your life as Miles is remarkably better than your actual one. If I was in your position, especially with no family to answer to for your absence, I would have done the same thing. And yes, I'd make a beautiful girl." Miren scoffed.

"Sure you would," she replied rather sarcastically, half-wondering how she had the energy to be anything but distraught right now. "Give me your phone. I need to call Jeno."

"I don't think that's a good idea." Wallace shut the blinds of his window. "Jeno and I need to have a gentlemen's conversation."

"You're actually the worst." She rolled her eyes. Wallace just gritted his teeth.

"Don't forget that in the end of the day all of this is your problem. Your head is on a chopping block, even if you were brutally beaten. And I can see at least eight ways where this does not work out for you."