The Devil King and His Maid.

Vixen you were like a daughter to me when I first brought you out of the streets be strong and take care of Rey I can already feel he'll be a ladies man"

Both Vixen and I cried our mother in our arms as even though she went through hell she died with a smile on her face.

============================

Looking around my village I see nothing but death and destruction. Bodies laying on the ground ranging from children to the elderly. My friends lay strown across the blackened grass mixed with their blood. One body was unrecognizable though I then realized it was our village elder. His body stuck on a lamp post with the bar going through his stomach as his dead eyes stared into the smoke covered nighted sky.

"Why.. why did this happen we didn't do anything wrong"

Vixen said silently as her voice was hoarse from screaming.

With nowhere to go Vixen and I stayed in one of the broken buildings. Trying to warm ourselves we stayed close together hugging for warmth in the cold night.

Remembering the horrible events of today I looked over to Vixen as I snuggled into her

"Are you really not my blood sister"

She looked at me with a sad smile and held me closer than any relative would

"No Im not your mom picked me up off the streets after I was abandoned by my family because of my lack of senjitsu"

"Well.. Im glad your here now I don't know what I would do without you"

She started crying as all events caught up with her

"Shh.. Just sleep"

" Please stay with me forever rey don't leave I wont be able to handle it"

Bringing her head into my chest as she tightens her grip on me I we both fall asleep slowly.

Waking up with Vixen on top of me I watched dust float around the destroyed house.

" Curse the council and their damned decisions deciding to kill off a different yokai group as well as the neko yokai, just because of one pureblooded devil that wasn't even in the 32 pillars"

I heard a voice as I quickly shushed Vixen as she looked terrified and clinged onto me. I looked outside to see a crimson haired male in armor as well as what looked to be a maid

" This will not end well the council had made a ghastly decision which could cause a war between us and the Yokai faction Sirzechs-sama"

As they continued to speak I wondered who was this council was that decided to kill my whole village. My fractured pre-teen mind couldn't comprehend why they had decided to kill and end an entire race. I didn't notice that they had stopped talking and stared in my direction.

" Come out little one"

The man Sirzechs said.

Snapping out of my thoughts I slowly moved out of the home Vixen holding onto me as I sharped my claws

"What is your name boy?"

The woman said looking at my with a slight smile that seemed to ease my nerves a little.

"My name is Rey"

I said in a hard voice

" My name is Grayfia Lucifuge maid and servant to the Gremory family we mean you no harm"

"Why should I believe in you"

I looked at her with suspicion

"Because if we can to attack you, you would be dead already"

She said giving me a lighter smile that lowered my guard as Vixen still held on tightly.

"We'll escort you both to the Gremory household to be protected by any other corrupt councilman's view".

I looked over at Vixen and hugged her close then grabbed her hand and walked toward their household circle

"We're ready"

I said as I held Vixens hand as we began on a journey that would be filled with comedy, adventure, and love.