Chapter 30 -- "I want a bouncy ball."

Chapter 30

Danny's POV

It had been three days since Cody had informed me of Chris' current missing status, and if I'm being honest, it wasn't exactly fun.

No one was really telling me anything but the essentials, like when he was last seen and who he was with at the time. The reason for him being there, along with his intentions upon reaching the area, were conveniently 'dodged' upon my asking.  Something fishy was going on and I was going to find out what. But first, I had to find my 'soul-mate'.

And I knew exactly who could help me.

Marching down the hallway towards the prison ward, I didn't even bother to hide my pursuit as I went with determination in my step. It didn't take long until someone noticed my intentions and informed Cody who quickly came to my side along with Yvane and Lucy not far behind him.

"What are you doing, Dan?" Yvane called, as I continued down the maze of hallways and into the familiar prison ward. I

"Something I should've done days ago."

Cody matched his pace with mine as I didn't even spare him a glance, "Danny, don't you dare--"

"Cody," I snapped, stopping suddenly and facing my mocha latte friend (A/N-- For those complaining that I use the word black too much, and that there are a variation of the colour -.- I'm a blondie latte colour BTW, just in case people be wondering. What's yours?! Comment down below ;) Damn, this A/N's going longer than I thought. I mean I'm tired and my feet hurt from working all night so it's sorta hard to sleep cus when I do I'm convinced I'm still at work, AND I CAN'T SLEEP AT WORK! So I keep waking myself up like, Wot? O.o I also sometimes snore myself awake. It's quite amusing apparently. I only do it when I'm on the verge of sleep though. I'm like the dead otherwise. So... yeah... How's the weather--- ? Alright, you know what? I better go back to the story now) fully. Lucy and Yvane also stumbled to a stop as I crossed my arms and narrowed my eyes.

"Remind me again who Chris is?"

He sighed in frustration and came to a stop, "What?"

"Who is Chris to this pack?" I re-worded, growing impatient and wanting to get downstairs. If what he claimed was true, then theoretically he would know where Chris would be.

Theoretically of course.

"...The alpha--"

"And who are you?"

"Where are you going with this--?"

"Cody...Who?" I repeated, my tone starting to show my impatience and frustration.

He sighed, "The beta."

"That's right, and, correct me if I'm wrong; isn't the alpha higher in rank than the beta? So, um, hands up who in this room is matedto an alpha?" I replied, my voice I'll admit being extremely sarcastic and patronizing, "Lucy, put your hand down."

Just because she was unmated didn't mean she was destined to be with a far away alpha somewhere which she had claimed to be the most logical explanation of her lack of sex-life.

After a few moments, I mockingly glanced down at my hand in fake shock while returning my gaze to an annoyed looking Cody, "Why, would you look at that? Well that is a shock.  How on Earth did we not remember this earlier--?"

He snapped, "You didn't even know what a mate was three months ago!"

"I did, I watched Twilight!" I defended, my voice rising slightly in volume. Okay I hadn't but that thing was famous when my mum was young so she basically told me the jist of it... probably...