Chapter 9 -- "The Universe can suck my dick."

Chapter 10

Danny's POV

"Undo it. Undo it right now!"

"Trust me, if could I would." He muttered in reply, running a hand through his hair as he walked past me and into my bedroom cursing beneath his breath, "Shit. I should've seen this coming."

"You knew?!" I exclaimed in disbelief, not even bothering to question why he'd gone into my bedroom as I entered to see him pacing back and forth across the floor.

"Not really... f*ck." He once again cursed, his hand now permanently in his hair as he paused and turned to me, "We need to talk."

"You think? I don't care what the Hell you do, you undo this right now! It's one thing for it to happen to me but my sister is another matter entirely. She's sixteen and f*cking pregnant for Christ's sake, what are you trying to pull here?" I exclaimed, full on yelling at this point as my panic and frustration was growing by the minute. This was too much of a coincidence, there was no way this was happening. What were the chances that he happened to send someone who happened to want to make Lilly their soul-mate? This was a trap, and I'd stupidly fell for it!

"Nothing! This is literally the last thing I need right now, why the Hell would I try to orchestrate something like this?" He replied, his voice also rising in volume a few levels above what was considered socially acceptable in a conversation.

"Then how do you explain this, eh? I thought this human x werewolf thing was rare, how is it that suddenly it seems like every God damn human I care about is picking one up?"

His pacing began again, his volume decreasing to acceptable talking level, "It is rare. But when it does happen it tends to...run in families."

I began seeing red.

"And you knew? You knew and you sent one your lot over to—to--!"

"Listen this is a one in a billion chance. You're the one who insisted on sending someone so I did. I didn't actually think this would happen. This is literally the equivalent of me losing my cell at Wal-Mart and the King of England picking it up to return it to me with a cash reward." He snapped, his response causing my hip to involuntarily cock to the side and my arms to cross across my chest in annoyance. My breathing was heavy and erratic, my anger once again peaking for the umpteenth time as I tried to process everything that was happening. Taking a moment, I counted to five in my head in an attempt to calm myself down slightly to think this through rationally. It worked to some degree as I felt myself nodding to myself in reassurance. We're going to figure this out.

"Alright, say that I believe you. What happens now? Because I'm sure as Hell not letting that kid stay with her."

He shook his head, the air tense as he eventually followed my lead and stopped his pacing only to head over to my armchair to sit down with a slump. He looked deflated as he leant his elbow against the arm rest and placed his head on his open palm, "He won't leave. He thinks he's just found his soul-mate, I can't ask him to do that."

My eyes narrowed scathingly, "Yes, you can. She's not his soul-mate she's f*cking sixteen, she can't even vote."

"She's old enough to have a baby." He pointed out flatly, his tone of judgment really not helping in the anger management department I'd tried so hard to improve at the gym only three hours previously.

"Watch your mouth, that's my sister." I warned, really not liking the tone he was taking towards my sibling who he didn't know jack shit about.

He removed his head from his hand and returned my glare with an accusing tone, "I don't give a shit. I just lost one of my men to your sister."