Losing You

Zane turned the car to follow and widget pointed with shock. 

"Look!" She shouted amazed. Your jaw fell slightly as you saw Astro holding up the city and bringing it down gently. His rockets turned blue and you watched the city land and a sigh of relief escaped your lips. You drew in a deep breath as Zane flew you through the city looking for Astro. 

"Where is he?" Cora asked breathlessly as she looked around as well. 

"Is he ok?" Widget asked and sludge hugged his sister.

"I hope so." 

You kept flying and the monster turned and looked around. 

"Where are you robot boy? I know you're still alive." Astro shot a fist through the pavement and picked up a building beam flying up behind the peacekeeper as it turned "You can't hide from- huh." He said pausing just before Astro brought the beam down hard on his head. But the beam only bent and the peacekeeper spit out a robotic tooth. "That all you got?" He asked tauntingly. Astro narrowed his eyes and clenched his fists before flying forward and punching the giant full force in the jaw.

"Come here!" The peacekeeper yelled grabbing at Astro. Astro dodged and flew too close to his chest. And a claw came out as the circle on his chest retracted. Astro saw it and went to fly away but the claw caught him. It pinned his arms to his side's and he struggled and kicked but the claw pulled him back effortlessly. 

"Party's over kid. Blue core obtained." The peacekeeper's voice boomed as Astro panicked. Once the blue and red cores got to close they started to clash and Astro let out a pained yell before wincing and struggling a little harder. 

The peacekeeper roared in pain and held his chest before they were both shot apart. Astro went flying and the peacekeeper was thrown off his feet. Astro landed in a building on the other side of town and the peacekeeper began to get up.

Astro stood up with a groan holding his shoulder in pain when a car flew up to the building and landed. Tenma got out of the car hurriedly. 

"Toby!" He shouted running over. Astro looked at Tenma weakly. 

"Dad!" He said relieved before his legs gave out and Tenma caught him just before he hit the ground. Astro looked up at his father tiredly before panting.

"I don't understand, why didn't it absorb me?" He asked breathlessly. His eyes held concern and confused mixed into one as Tenma explained.

"Because it can't if the red and the blue core come together...well you both die." Tenma said simply. Astro's eyes widened at first then they lowered sadly as Tenma pulled him up. "Come on son, we need to get far away."

Meanwhile

you looked around desperately for Astro but you just didn't see him. Panic was beginning to rise in your chest. 

"Where are you Astro?" Cora voiced you concern when all of the sudden the van was grabbed. You all let out a scream as you came face to face with the peacekeeper. And it began to speak to you.

"Where's your robot friend where is he?" He demanded and suddenly widget burst into tears. You hugged her protectively. But he shook the van and you slammed into the side and a bit of the metal that had been damaged bit into your skin causing you to scream out before glaring up at the robot.

"I've got an election to win and I want that core!" The peacekeeper stated frustratedly. But widget continued to bawl. 

With Astro 

Astro was following his father to the car when he heard widget crying he turned his head slightly and listened then raced back to the edge of the building to see the peacekeeper shaking the van violently. 

"Tell me where he's hiding! Tell me! You hear me?! Where is he?" He shouted as he was clearly losing patience and you saw widget heading for the same piece of metal that had injured you. You blocked her path but felt the metal slit your back. 

You let out a scream and fell to your knees. Astro heard your scream and his eyes widened before they looked down again in thought.

"We have to go." Tenma urged but Astro only replied in a quiet tone.

"This is it." He said turning around to face Tenma. "This is what I was created for this-" he said before allowing his eyes to meet his father's gaze with a small smile. "Is my destiny." Tenma grew a panicked look before he spoke sternly. 

"Toby now!" He ordered looking at the car and then back at Astro. Astro only replied gently.

"I'm sorry but this is who I am. On ward and upward...dad." He said with a small smile before jumping off the building. 

Tenma ran after him arm outstretched almost as if begging him to come back into his reach. 

"No!" The peacekeeper turned when he heard Astro's jets. 

"Huh, you're back for more?" He asked facing Astro fully. Astro didn't reply as he only flew faster one aim in mind. The peacekeeper made eyes contact with Astro looked down at his core then seemed to connect to the puzzle pieces together. He blocked his core with his ship hand before speaking nervously.

"Wait! Wait! No no no wait."

Astro ignored him as he flew upright into the peacekeeper's chest and implanted himself into the red core. As he felt the cores reacting he smiled flicking through his memories one at a time.

"Get out of me!" The peacekeeper roared in a panic. "Get out! Get out!" He dropped the van and Cora ordered Zane to get them put of there. 

"Aw nuts." The robot said. But then he exploded with a bright flash of blue and red light.

"Astro!" You cried holding your arm. But it was too late nits and piece of the peacekeeper flew everywhere.

"Son." Tenma whispered falling to his knees before bowing his head in sorrow. Tears slipped down your cheeks as reality slammed into you. You felt your blood drain done your face as they landed the van. As your friends called for Astro your eyes scanned the ground and you saw him running over you fell on your knees next to him with a relieved smile. 

But your smile faltered when you realized. Astro wasn't going to wake up.

THE END

Jk till the next chapter folks.