Hamegg's Robot Games

Today was the day and you were in a sour mood. To day was the day hamegg would make money but using his invention. His robot games. You loathed the games with a deep rooted passion and it only made you more angry that hamegg instigated it.  

You shoved supplies into your bag silently as hamegg spoke. 

"Come on dear you know it's how I support you." You huffed and placed the parts you'd need for your bakery in your bag. "They're only robots." Now that tore it.

"They aren't just scrap metal!" You yelled flipping on him. "There's more than that." Hamegg shook his head at you with a small smile. Like you were a toddler. Which only infuriated you further. "Some have emotions. It's not all just programming I've seen it." You pressed your point but hamegg wasn't listening. 

"Just come to one game. You'll love it." Hamegg insisted he wrapped and arm around your shoulder enthusiastically. 

"That's wrong- you're wrong." You retorted ducking under his arm. "I'm going to go get some money the right way." Hamegg watched you leave with a raised eyebrow. Then waited till you were out of earshot. 

Just then Astro walked around the corner talking to Zane about learning to read when hamegg pulled him aside. 

"Astro my boy, I need a little help." He said allowing his hand to rest in Astro's shoulder. Astro's gaze went to hamegg before he nodded slightly. 

"Uh s-sure hamegg. What's up?"  Hamegg nodded in your direction before speaking again.

"(Y/n) is a bit of an introvert ya know? She'd like to come but she's too timid to ask. I want cha ta make her feel welcome, alright?" He asked clapping astro on the back. Astro smiled at him. 

"Sure thing, hamegg." He said before running after you. You were a good distance away. Honestly you didn't even care if you ran into Todd again. Anything would be better than the games. 

"(Y/n)!" Someone shouted behind you. You glanced over your shoulder and saw astro running your way. Stopping you turned to face him. 

"If you're worried about Todd I should be fine." You stated as he caught up without so much as breaking a sweat. You found it odd as most people running that speed for that long would be panting by now. 

"No, actually I wanted you to come with to the games today." You stated at Astro in disbelief before groaning. 

"Not you too! Look I'll just head to the bakery and-" you paused when you saw Astro frown. He looked more confused but you could see the disappointment in his eyes.

"How come?" He questioned tilting his head. 

"W-well you see i-i-" Your mind came up with several reasons but your mouth just couldn't say them. Astro only seemed more confused by your lack of a legitimate reason. Embarrassment struck you and you found yourself looking anywhere but at him. Then you saw it. Hamegg. 

He stood off in the distance smiling evilly at you and you frowned. But astro' s voice spoke out catching your attention. 

"Ya know it'd be more fun if you came." He was smiling at you and everything just broke. Toby came to your mind. All the pain from your scars or the insults would just melt away when he gave you that smile. You sighed and returned his smile. 

"Ok, but just this once." You said sternly and Astro laughed lightly. 

"Ok, ok." 

You were off. Zog carried you all as he walked and you fidgeted slightly when you remembered just how easy it was to fall off. And this time Astro wouldn't be waiting on the ground to catch you. You bit your lip at that thought. Suddenly, this seemed like a very very bad idea.