Explaining

You awoke to see Astro sitting next to your bedside with a very stern look.

"Um...moring?" You tried sweetly with a smile. This only made him frown a little more.

"Who was that guy?" Astro asked raising a brow.

"My ex." You replied as though it was obvious.

"What did he want from you?" Astro pressed his expression softening.

"Nothing." You said trying to sit up but the pain in your stomach caused you to freeze and Astro pushed you back down gently.

"He really did a number on you ya know? You were bleeding pretty bad. For a second there I-i-" Astro cut himself off when you touched his hand gently. His brown eyes washing over you worriedly.

"Sorry I scared you Astro. I really do try to be careful but they always find me and I'm not sure how." Astro frowned and you could see realization in his eyes.

"(Y/n)?"

"Yeah?"

"Has Hamegg ever put a tracker on you?" You frowned in confusion.

"N-no." Astro held up a small device and you tensed.

"Where?" You asked almost dreading the answer.

"On your back I felt it when I was carrying you." He explained simply. Then a flashback came to your mind when Todd had caught you the first time he walked behind you and got into your pack. That's when he must've put it on.

Astro gave you an odd look. He seemed to be waiting for you to explain what was happening. 

"What?" You questioned with a start.

"What did he want from you?" Astro questioned again seeming more determined to get an answer this time.

"Nothing?" You more of asked than declared and you smiled nervously. Astro only frowned annoyedly. A groan escaped your lips as you realized he wasn't going to drop this. "Astro, just forget it ok?" You rolled on your side and pushed yourself up. But instantly regretted it as your stomach flared.

Despite this you pushed yourself to a sit and Astro looked slightly panicked holding his hands on either side of you.

"Stop fussing astro. You're like a mother hen geez. She's fine." Cora stated from the doorway causing both your heads to snap In that direction.

"You are ok right?" Cora asked looking at you.

"Ye-yeah I'm fine." You stated the shock of her being there sinking in. Astro didn't seem to agree as he shot you a worried frown. You ignored it and stood up. Also ignoring the pain flaring in your gut and your head somewhat swimming.

Astro stood as well and stood only a few feet away from you. You three walked outside and as Cora spoke.

"We gotta get Zog ready ya know?" You followed as she led you to the massive robot. You guys worked on washing the robot and painting him. It took several days. And today was mostly paint jobs.

You were working on his arm when the twins ran past and you lost your balance to catch widget. She was fine but you fell.

You tensed giving out a startled yelp. But someone caught You and guided you to the ground before releasing your arms. You flipped around to see Astro standing there.

"Wait- but you were- there was no way....H-how did you do that?" You questioned frowning.

"I'm uh faster than I look." He said giving you a small smirk. You smiled at him also disbelevingly. You couldn't believe this kid.

The rest of the time he managed to keep you from getting hurt here or there. And finally you finished. The sun had set and you sat outside after everyone had fallen asleep.

You sat with your guitar playing one of your songs quietly to yourself when you heard a small thud. Jumping you flipped around to see Astro walking towards you with his hands up in a peaceful manner.

"Hey hey easy. It's just me." His voice was low as if not to frighten an animal. And it helped calm you greatly. You sat back down and fingered your guitar strings while he walked over the rest of the way.

"Mind if I join you?" He asked kindly. You tapped the ground and Astro sat next to you and through your perephrial vision you could see he was observing you carefully.

"Can I ask you something?" He said gently.

"Yeah. Shoot." You mumbled putting down your guitar and looking at him. You wanted to see his eyes, for some reason you couldn't get enough of them.

"Were you a metro city kid?" He asked  with a confused look.

"Yeah." You replied truthfully. Everyone knew it. No one cared. Well except cora. "Why?" You returned simply.

"Oh just wondering." Astro said facing forwards his hands on his knees.

"How did you know?" You asked pressing curiously.

"W-well you act different." He said looking up at you slightly. You blinked in shock.

"I-i do?"

"Well yeah. You keep to yourself more and you know how to cook." You shifted slightly.

"Didn't think it was that obvious." You muttered quietly.

"What was it like?" Astro asked regaining your gaze. "When you were up there?" You looked away again.

"Difficult. My uncle abused me. And I had a lot of bullies at school but this one kid-" you grew a smile as you closed your eyes.

"He was brilliant. Straight A's and funniest jokes. He was a troublemaker  but dang he knew how to have fun. He and I were best friends. Until-" you blinked your eyes open when you felt the familiar pain.

"Until?" Astro asked tilting his head so he could see you better.

"Until my uncle took it too far. He tried to kill me. I ran away. And I never saw the boy again. He was my first crush ya know? His troublemaker side? Yeah I think Todd reminded me of that." Astro frowned.

"Maybe I knew him. Wha-what was his name?" You smiled back at him.

"Toby."