Chapter 29 - A SSS Rank Battle

A/N: Heyo! I know I've been showing up often lately, and I apologize for the delay. HOWEVER! Updates will now change. Due to unfortunate life circumstances, (which I will not name) updates will no longer be every other day, but instead, once a week on this same day. As an apology, this chapter will be longer than usual by about three times. That is all. Enjoy

———————————————————————————

Once we enter the adventurer's guild everyone inside turns to face us. As soon as I turn towards them the majority looks away and act like nothing happened while the others get up and leave the guild.

"Am I really that scary?" I mutter to myself. I didn't think that just by looking at someone casually they would turn away.

I turn towards the reception desk and walk forward as the others follow behind.

Before I reach it, a party of adventurers block my path.

"Huh?" What's up with these guys getting in my way.

"Hey brat! Are you the one that everyone keeps talking about? The one that beat up little Reron in a big fight." The man who stopped me was a lion beastkin. He seemed familiar but I didn't remember why. He was wearing some red dragon scale armor from the looks of it and he had a green colored Zweihander on his back. He seemed about 15cm (about 6in) taller than me at 195cm (6.4ft). He had a robust body with bulging muscles and multiple scars on him. The party behind him seemed strong as well but I wouldn't say they are as intimidating as this guy.

"Umm... Who are you? And what do you mean? Who's Reron?" I don't remember there being a big fight? And people have been talking about me? I wonder what the rumors are.

I look around at the adventurers that were drinking and they were all whispering among themselves. Most were saying things like 'Rest In Peace' and 'good luck' but not towards him. But for me.

"Big bro, that's the guy! He's the one I was talking about." Some guy in armor moved from behind the man and pointed at me. It was the guy from the first day that I fought.

"So you're the one. I've heard a lot about you black wolf." The guy in dragon armor walked forwards and stayed in front of me.

"So you're here to beat me up because your brother challenged me for my rank and I beat him in one punch." I don't know what he's heard, but if he's saying it was a big fight then I need to correct him.

"I don't care of you beat my little brother."

"Then why are you picking a fight with me?" This guy is weird.

He smirked and made a fist with his hand. Just when I was getting ready to fight he placed it on his chest like he was saluting.

"My name is Requail Curuit. Rank SSS adventurer of the Descon Kingdom. I heard rumors about you and your strength after you defeated my brother. I came to see if they were true." A triple SSS Rank? Didn't the lady mention that there were like five of them? This is bad. If I end up fighting him then my identity might be revealed.

"I don't know what rumors you've heard, but I can assure you that they were most likely exaggerated."

"That's for me to find out." He turned towards the receptionist lady. "Hey Lari! I'm borrowing the arena!"

"Alright! Please go easy on him! If you kill him you're going to pay the fee!" Hold on! What!? He can kill me as long as he pays a fee!? There's something wrong with this guild!

While I'm left surprised at the sudden remark. Requail starts leading me to an arena.

This is baaddd~.