II

I watched as Aizawa brought a spiky-haired blonde up to the front and handed a softball to him.

"Throw this as far as you can, using your quirk, Bakugo," he said, pulling out a small distance measuring remote. "This will track how far you threw the softball. I expect everyone to listen and to observe him." So that's what his name is. Bakugo. I watched intently as he coiled up and exploded the ball from his hands, yelling, "Die!"

Ah, so this is what he's like.

Aizawa showed us the distance he threw the ball. 705.2 meters. The whole class gaped at the number, in shock of how powerful he was. The blonde smirked and walked off, brushing past the teacher.

"This looks fun!"

The students buzzed with nervous and excited energy, but Aizawa stopped them before they could partake in any events.

"You have three years to become fully-fledged heroes, and this is the attitude you have. All right, this is a Quirk Apprehension Exam. The person who ranks lowest in all eight tests will be deemed hopeless and be expelled from UA." The noise died down as the students all went quiet. I felt like he was looking directly at me. Of course he already knew I didn't have a quirk. Everyone had to know that I didn't after the test.

"What? Expelled?" some murmured. "But we just got here." Our homeroom teacher gave us a large Totoro grin, eyes wide open.

"Welcome to UA's hero course!"

__

Test One: 50 Meter Dash

I felt confident. This is what I had been training for. I loosened up my muscles and bent down into a running position, ready to speed over. The machine counted down, and after it started, I sprinted over to the white line, listening intently for my score.

"6.49 seconds." I smiled and brushed myself off, silently patting myself on the back. I didn't notice how some students were looking at me strangely, trying to figure out what quirk I possessed.

__

Test Two: Grip Strength

I looked around smiled at the sight of Shoji, who I learned was the six-armed guy. It's going to be a breeze for him, obviously. I averted my attention back to my part of the test. Focusing pressure and strength on my right hand, I squeezed the machine and closed my eyes. Once it beeped, I looked at the screen.

"65 kg." This was a really high checkpoint for me, considering that last year I'd only been able to grip about 50 kilograms. Junior high really were the good old days, but I was glad to see that I'd improved so much.

__

Test Three: Standing Long Jump

We got a running start, and I watched as someone used a laser to dive over, explosions, Uraraka carried herself before getting nauseous and falling face-first into the sand. I breathed deeply before sprinting and hopping over, legs in front of my body as I landed on the ground, feet first.

"8.4 meters." That wasn't the best, but I was sure I could do better. But hey, at least I wasn't last. I looked over at the green haired boy from the morning, and noticed his worried expression. He kept on glancing at the scoreboard and muttering to himself. I don't know how this is going to play out, but hopefully he doesn't get expelled. He seems like a nice guy.

__

Test Four: Repeated Side Steps

"Ah, I'm kind of worn out from all the exercises," Uraraka commented, wiping sweat off her forehead. I nodded and drank water from my bottle I had brought along.