XL

Okay, this is no time to panic. We've got a villain attack and a rescue mission on our hands. We have to act fast.

The announcer started to speak through the intercom, not long after everyone started to freeze.

"Villains have appeared and started their pursuit! Hero candidates at the scene should continue their rescue efforts while also suppressing the villains!" I shook my head and looked upon the people rushing around, scared out of their wits. Deciding the take command, I whipped out my staff, running towards the group of villains.

"Everybody! Stay calm! Stay at the first aid station and make sure nobody is hurt! Get them away from the villains! No matter what, do not panic!" They seemed to get the gist of what I was saying, as many ushered the victims out of the no-longer-safe zone. The guy in green, who I later learned was named Shindo, rushed in with me.

"Stay back! I'm going to keep hammering at these guys, alright?" I nodded, keeping an eye on everybody, making sure no one was in real danger. But out of nowhere, Gang Orca appeared, and for the split second I saw him, I tried to tell Shindo to get out of the way, but to no avail.

I had him for internships, and the pro hero was absolutely brutal. His abilities were far beyond ours, and he knew how to maximize his attacks. All I could do was watch from far away as Gang Orca's ultrasonic wave pounded Shindo, rendering him paralyzed.

"Ah, (L/N). It's good to meet you again. I see you have some new gadgets to play with." I narrowed my eyes and crouched, ready to attack when he did. The opportunity never came, however, as a large wall of ice shot at him, leaving him in a defensive position.

Immediately, I sprung at the chance to be able to get in a good hit, sprinting at his turned back.

"Not so fast." I saw his arm come up, and immediately stopped, slamming in down with my staff, breathing heavily, a spike of adrenaline rushing through my veins. Todoroki's ice production came to a halt as a huge gust of wind blew over us, nearly knocking Gang Orca over.

"A villain attack?" a voice rang out, "You guys have prepared some pretty hot developments!" Now that I knew Inasa was here, there was no real reason for me to stay. Both of them had strong quirks, and if they could work together, we had a chance of beating the villain. I retreated, helping Midoriya and the others pick up the some of the remaining disabled victims and moved them to a safer spot, all the while watching the two fight.

We'd arrived at the safe zone, and I noticed the battle in the distance. My heart dropped as I saw the two attacks clashing, the wind blowing out Todoroki's flames. I shook my head, starting to sprint back to there.

I knew they wouldn't get along, I just knew it. Please, please, don't let me be too late-

I managed to make it back, my energy levels shooting through the roof as the two angrily argued with each other. In another attempt to attack Gang Orca, their quirks clashed again, but this time, instead of disappearing, Inasa's wind redirected the fire towards Shindo, who had just woken up from being passed out.

My breath hitched as I used my staff to propel myself forwards, the end pushing against the ground as I flew through the air, snatching the second-year student, just a hair away from being fried into a crisp.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I shouted, angrily glaring at both of them. They looked surprised as I landed on the ground, setting Shindo down.

"You two, figure something out, and make it goddamn fast! Your actions are costing the lives of others, and it's hard to believe you're from the two top hero schools. Just shut up and work it out!" I left them to do their own work, and started charging back to the people that were left behind during the first phase of the transfer. Before I could cover ground, I gently shook the blackette's shoulder, his body still semi-limp.

"Shindo, can you move?" He huffed, looked up, and swatted me aside. Tremors began shaking the Earth as I realized what was happening. The sidekicks had begun ravaging the first-aid area, and I didn't even see it.

"Go and pick up the people that are left!" Shindo yelled, directing me. "I can take it!" He winced, but kept on going at it. I nodded, leaving the battlefield, and finally taking the remaining people to where everybody else was, then headed back. The running back and forth was taking a toll on my body, but I could handle it.

Some of the sidekicks had already breached through Shindo's earthquake quirk, despite his efforts, and were headed our way.

I started to attack first, knocking some of them down with my staff, using the sword and shield technique I'd developed to deflect the cement bombs. Ojiro, as well as some of my other classmates joined the party, swiping at villains left and right, working together to beat them.

I think the test is going to end soon. There were a lot of people rescued, last time I saw. Hopefully we can keep this up until the time ends.

"(Y/N)!" Tsuyu yelled, gathering my attention. "Go back to Gang Orca! We got this covered! You know him best, and hopefully you can resolve the tension between Todoroki and Inasa!" I huffed, and with no time to spare, maneuvered towards the two, who were beaten and bruised on the ground.

I watched in horror as Gang Orca dropped Todoroki, who he had caught by the neck. He crumpled to the ground, rendered useless movement-wise. God, this is bad.

The make-believe villain's red eyes slowly turned, stuck on my figure as I froze up, trying to hide the fact that I was terrified.

"(L/N), what shall you do? Your friends, here before you. Is there nothing you can do besides watch as they lie on the ground?" I started to shake my head, forcing myself to stop trembling.

"They're not useless. I'm not either." I turned to both of the guys on the ground and curled my hands into fists of rage.

"He's a water mammal! What dries up water?" A look of realization dawned on Todoroki as his left side flared up, a small look of pain mixed with victory.

Fire.

"And Inasa, what directs fire?"

Wind.

Both of the guys were finally able to muster up the strength and do something together. Yoarashi's wind mixed with Shoto's flames, producing a spectacular flame tornado. I looked on in awe as Gang Orca's figure was swallowing up by the licking fire.

"A hot flame prison of fire and wind, huh?" Gang Orca's voice suddenly boomed from inside. "It's a good idea. A normal villain would give up, cry and beg for forgiveness-" The looming shadow of his massive body appeared. My heartbeat slowed, realizing that the flames and wind were getting weaker and weaker by the second.

"But what if they didn't? After playing a hand, you already need to be planning the next one." As fast as it came, the prison was gone, with the villain still standing.

"Well? What are you going to do next, heroes?" I gulped, shaking my head. Oh, if this was a bad idea, I didn't have anything left. I felt my legs propel forwards as I bounced off my staff, directly into contact with Gang Orca's arm. He was weak from the fire, I knew it. A surprise attack, unanticipated by the enemy.

It's almost over, the test is almost over. If I can just keep him at bay-

My eyes fell on his almost broken arm protector. I put more and more force in the kick, hoping to actually break it. Before I could, however, the buzzer rang, signaling the end of the provisional hero license examination.

I nearly fell to the ground when the intercoms turned on, squeaking before the announcer's voice came on.

"Everyone should have their injuries treated and be changed before heading out to see your scores. I look forwards to seeing you all." Gang Orca helped me down, giving me a small pat on the shoulder before waving me goodbye.

"It really was nice to see you again," he muttered to me, "You've improved quite a lot. I'm looking forwards to working with you in the field." My eyes lit up before smiling and scurrying off to the locker rooms.

"Boss." One of Gang Orca's sidekicks walked up to him, gazing fondly at my retreating figure. "What do you think of them?" The pro hero managed to smile a little bit, his features becoming less taught and more relaxed.

"I don't think I have to say anything, for me to convey my feelings."