mike wheeler - your letter

(Stranger Things × To All The Boys I've Loved Before)

Max pov

I put the lid over the box and place my hand on it. I just finished my letter to Mike. I had let everything loose, I had nothing else to put down. I had left out no details in how I felt.

I feel someone's eyes burning a hole in my head so I turned around. Standing behind me was no other than Billy. "What the hell are you doing in my room?" I yell, walking up to him. "Who's Mike Wheeler? Is it that slut Nancy's brother?" He bombarded me with questions. "Stay the fuck out of my room!" I slam the door in his face and lock it. My luck, he'll go and let the entire town know.

I lay down in my bed and look up at the celling. I shut my eyes and think; I'll never be good enough for any of these boys. I open my eyes and see Mike sitting in the corner, in my chair. "Hey, red." He says. "Hi, Mike. What are you doing here?" I say, sitting up. "I'm here so you don't seem so lonley." He picks up one of my books and read's the cover. "Hmm, I never thought of you as a romantic." He looks up at me. "I love romance, it's just so hard to get and to easy to mess up." I look at my hands and play with them. "But hey, I could tell you anything right? It's not like you're real." I finally blurt out and look up at him. "Took you long enough to figure out." He smiled. I heard a loud bang on my door and it opened to revel my stepdad. "Diners ready." He mumbles, then shuts the door. I nod and walk over to my desk. I grab the box and slide it under my bed.