Chapter 3.

I am almost ready within 15 minutes and turn around for Hailee to see. Hailee runs her eyes up and down before letting out an exasperated 'No'.

"You're not wearing that to a party, Emma."

"Why? What's wrong with it? It's comfortable." I defend my favourite grey dress that I'd worn to Elliots birthday party a month ago. He loved it, he couldn't stop complimenting me.
I smile at the memory before Hailee drags me to the closet.

"Well, Emma. Looks like it's time to get outta your comfort zone. Try this." She hands me a short black dress that wouldn't even reach my midthigh considering I have much more curves and rolls than Hailee's perfect body.

She might have the confidence to pull off a backless sequined dress but not me.

I shake my head at it and she pulls out another black dress with no straps. I shake my head no and she sighs, digging back in. She comes out with a gark green velvet dress with two thin straps, I turn it around to make sure it had a back and then proceeded to put it on me to see where the length goes. Way above my knee.

"Oh no, that? I can't." She groans but gives up. I slip into my black toms and she facepalms.

"I hate to break it to you, Em. But these" her face distorts as she eyes my footwear, "are just hideous. I mean, it's bad enough you're wearing your church outfit to a party but that's a whole new level of boring."

"I'm not wearing heels, I can never pull them off. I'd fall more than I'd walk." I confess, slipping my toms and she shakes her head,

"Not even wedges?" She pulls out black wedges with a small silver bow in the middle. I try it on and it's not that high and has straps for support.

"That'll do."

"Thank god," Hailee sighs dramatically making me laugh.

I look myself in the mirror one last time and suddenly get conscious about what I am doing. I push it away with the thought of this being the first and the last time.

I am not fond of parties and if this doesn't go pleasantly I won't be surprised.

After we were ready to go, Hailee called Louis, her friend to pick us up

After we were ready to go, Hailee called Louis, her friend to pick us up. He was a sophomore and had striking blue eyes that reminded me of Elliot and I looked away. Hailee introduced us to each other and we walked to his car.

I knew I shouldn't be going out with Hailee when I am suppose to be asleep but I had the sudden urgency to jump out of the car and walk back to the dorm when louis mentioned that his friend Lexi would be stripping tonight.

"She promised last week she'd give us a strip show this week. I'm so ready for the tables! I even bet Liam that I'll be taking her down tonight. It's gonna be real..." he stops talking when he notices my horrified expression.

Was he for real? I can't believe he bet on having sex with his friend. I can't believe he was okay with strip shows. Is this how everyone in college is? If so, I really don't want to fit in.

"What's wrong? Are you okay? You look pale." He asks keeping his eyes on the road as well as me.

"No, I" I clear my throat. "I'm fine, just...you're okay with seeing your friend taking off all her clothes? In front of everyone?" I just couldn't digest it.

Where I came from, modest clothing and manners mattered a lot. If my dad found out I was going to a party where people would be taking thier clothes off, he'd call me back home to Boston right this second.

"Oh lighten up, Emma!" Hailee answers instead. "Lexi isn't anyone's friend but more like friend with benefits. And I promise I will make sure you aren't in the same room as her naked body. Okay?"

I nod and Louis laughs, clearly at me and my cheeks warm up. He stays quiet for the rest of the ride. We reach there within ten minutes and we get out of Louis' car.

The frat house was large and painted a deep maroon and white. People were going in and most of the girls were wearing the skimpiest outfit that I have ever seen. Compared to them, Hailee's barely covering her butt outfit seemed decent enough.

Hailee went ahead inside and I walked by Louis, he looked down at me and smiled. I smiled back. I could already feel the thumping in the ground coming from the music inside.

We follow Hailee inside and I look around at the wild atmosphere. The lights were dimmed and colourful disco lights replaced them, I gasp at a girl bend forward against a guy and...grinding. Louis notices my foul expression, following my gaze and chuckles.

"There just having fun, Emma." He places his hand on my back and although I wasn't expecting it, I didn't swat it away. We push past bodies dancing and Hailee was lost somewhere ahead. We finally reach a less crowded area and Louis stops in front of a large group of people sitting on couches brought together.

"Hey guys," Louis says, grabbing each of thier attention. I suck a breath at the amount of holes and ink on all of them.

"This is Emma, she'll be joining us today"

I smile and they all stay silent, untill a voice speaks up.

"Really, Lou? Thought your random nerdy chick phase was over." The curly haired boy from the far left spoke making everyone laugh.

What? It takes me a moment to wrap my head around the words before the sound of everybody laughing started to make my cheeks go warm.

They are laughing at me.

Louis opens his mouth to speak but I interrupt him.

"Excuse me? I am not just some random nerdy chick." I say with my most stern voice. I am not used to being called nerdy, I work hard to get what I want.

He looked at me, from my hair to my toes. His gaze made me suddenly self conscious and I tugged at the hem of my grey dress.

"Sure, you aren't." What was wrong with him? I didn't even do anything to him yet he was picking on me.

I could feel the tears beginning to form when Louis stepped forward, "Come on, Harry. Leave her alone."

Harry muttered something but stood up and left just as Hailee appeared from the crowd holding two red cups.

"Hey, I didn't know what you liked so I grabbed some beer...wait, what happened here?"