Harry seemed like he didn’t even notice the rude tone this man used with him. “Full.” He replied, and to my displeasure. It wasn’t like he was going to sleep with me, because he’s probably going to force himself to stay awake. Even if he were to sleep, I’d push myself to sleep on the floor from the uncomfortable position he’d put me in.

        One bed for two people. I let my shoulders drop a little from relief when we got the room key, and the man was no longer staring into our souls.

        We walked up the stairs, quickly finding our room. Harry brought the key through the lock, turning it open to reveal a neat room, but not very nice per say. The bed was stiff and the wooden headboard was chipped at and scratched from God knows what.

        The light brown rug was stained with unknown substances. I inhaled deeply when I saw the bathroom. The shower was missing its curtain, and the worst part was that the bathroom wasn’t an actual room. Where the rug met the tile was no wall. It was just a section for the bathroom, the rest was a bed and a couch.

        This was the best we could do in our situation. Instead of complaining, I am going to willingly fight my urge to vomit at the oppressive stench that flowed throughout the room. Wet dog and cigarettes. The repulsive smell worsened the omnitude of the room.

        “Shower and then I will get you your food.” Harry ordered, taking a seat on the bed.

        I timidly glanced at the tub, and then back at Harry who was now focused on his gun and unloading its bullets onto the bed. When he heard no commotion, he looked up at me with his jade green eyes, his eyebrows furrowed like always. “What’s the matter now?”

        “Um...are you just going to sit there?” I asked, fearful of getting his voice raised at me. “I mean, there’s no privacy.”

        He remained stolid. “Would you rather have me join you?” He mocked, upsetting me a little. “Go shower.” He ordered.

        Now more than ready to burst at him for being such an ass, I took off my heels as he watched. Unfortunately for me, I had the impulse to throw them at his lap. Luckily, it didn’t harm his manhood, but he still sent me the chilliest glare so far. With my cheeks red hot, I walked to the tiled area of the room. Somehow I felt his eyes burning into my back as I began to discard my clothes to the floor.

        I shimmied out of my shorts, now having removed my shirt. I’m flustered by the fact that he could watch me shower. It makes me highly uncomfortable, but I know he’d be the last of us both to ever try anything. It was so hard to undress myself under the surveillance of someone so mean like Harry. He was probably insulting every inch of my body, if he even was staring.

        Confidence was problematic for me. Despite having received many compliments, I was still a little shy about my figure. I was a book nerd all my high school life. Although known as that “pretty, smart girl” I never really indulged in being attractive. I’d stick my nose in a book to hide from new faces if I had to. Or else I’d force myself to make conversation.

        Once fully naked, I wrapped my arms over my bust as I stared into the tub. It was rusty and old. I actually contemplated in whether the water was safe to shower in. I clenched my jaw before deciding on getting in, and to my surprise the water was clear when I turned it on.

        I shrieked when the showerhead sprayed chilling cold water on my skin. Literally jumping about three feet, I frowned upon realizing that the water would obviously take time to heat up. With the cold water still running, my body off to the further end away from the water, I blushed to realize that Harry must’ve heard the entire thing or watched.