Bus Ride

On Monday, they were feeling a lot better and decided to go to school again. They all met up at the classroom, waiting for the teacher. They had only brought their bags with food and drinks as well as their wallets.

The teacher gave the class some instructions before leading them outside, where a bus was waiting already. They all went inside, Felix and Changbin sitting in front of Jisung and Seungmin. Chan was sitting on a seat next to them; no one was sitting beside him. They all sat in the rather front of the bus; it was less crowded there since almost everyone wanted to sit in the back.

"So, Jisung, how's it going?", Changbin asked. Jisung blushed a little bit; he had an unpleasant assumption where this was going. He decided to try hiding his nervousness, though. "W- What do you mean?", he smiled brightly. Changbin looked at him intensely, staying silent for some time that seemed excrutiatingly long to the tensed Jisung.

Then, he simply replied: "You and Minho." That was the sentence Jisung didn't want to hear. He was actually a bit afraid to answer that question, just, because he actually didn't exactly know what was going on between them. "It's going just fine", he said, trying to hide his insecurity about the situation. Minho was taking up every single one of his brain cells and every other cell he possessed. It was ridiculous.

Changbin didn't look like he bought that. He didn't ask Jisung more about it, though, but pulled out his phone and earphones instead, plugging the earphones in to listen to music. Chan, Seungmin and Felix just sat there dumbfoundedly; they didn't know how to react at all. Sure, they all had noticed something going on between Minho and Jisung, but why was the atmosphere suddenly being so tense?

Jisung laughed nervously: "Don't worry, guys, it's nothing." Wanting the atmosphere to get better, the other three decided to let it slide for now on. 

The ride continued and the mood got lighter quickly. Changbin didn't participate in any of their conversations, though. He just smiled reassuringly at Felix and patted the younger's thigh as Felix had turned to Changbin while touching his arm lightly, a worried Expression evident on his face. Changbin had even mouthed a "later" to him, causing Felix to smile and his eyes to soften. They exchanged a short and chaste kiss as well.

When they got off the bus, Changbin put his phone away and continuing talking to his friends like nothing had happened.

What they all didn't know (yet), was that Changbin had been texting Minho, who was at home due to a broken leg, all the time.