Confessions

I don't know why am I still standing in my place and not doing anything. My best friend is kissing my ex while her current boyfriend is standing beside me. Not one of the scenarios I planned to be caught up in.

Suddenly, Jason sighs but it comes out as a soft whistle. It even makes me flinch so it is not a surprise that the couple brakes apart abruptly.

I look up at Jason who turns towards me and conveys I told you it won't be a problem just by his face." I'm sure you can handle this." He whispers and leaves the theatre. I turn towards Molly who is as dumbfounded as me. Tyler whispers something to her, nods at me and goes towards the green room. Boys!

Molly walks towards me with a shaky gait." Aurora listen to me please, I wanted to tell you." I rush towards her, meeting her half way and hold her by her shoulders before she falls.

Molly has a really pure conscience, and I know how much this situation is hurting her. She would never want to cheat on her boyfriend or keep secrets from her best friend.

I make her sit on the closest chair and take a seat next to her. I place my hand around her shoulder." I'm really sorry Ro, it's not-" she starts but I stop her midsentence." I need to tell you something before you continue." She looks at me.

It breaks my heart when I see the tears forming behind those lashes." Jason and I kissed as well and we came here to tell you." There is a silence followed by my confession.

She lets out a small laugh,"It was just a matter of time, I knew it was going to happen."I squint my eyes at her statement." What do you mean?"I ask her.

She sighs." His affection towards you is what led me to Tyler. I've always wanted to be with Tyler but Jason was one of the strings that was holding me back and when I found out about his feelings for you, it just pushed me towards Tyler all the more."

She takes my hand." I am so sorry Ro you had to find it out this way." I try to process what she had just said." You have always wanted to be with Tyler?" It comes out as a whisper. She nods.

" I had wanted to be with him since 8th grade but then he chose you and I decided to let it go. After you guys broke up, Tyler and my friendship grew. It was really nice but I knew I could never date him because he was still in love with you. He was waiting for you to come back to him, for you to realise that you too were still in love with him"

She rubs her temples." I thought Jason might help me so I went forward with our relationship but after yours and Tyler's kiss, he came to know that you had moved on and his grief led him towards me. It was the best thing that ever happened to me. I realized then that Jason was just a rebound from Tyler. I was never in love with him."

She stops and looks at me waiting for an answer but instead I ask her a question." When did it start, you and Tyler?" " Two weeks, I guess but our feelings were confirmed on the night of the party. He told me he was in love with me while we were dancing. It was our first kiss and it was magical."

She was grinning ear to ear reminiscing about the events that happened that night." This is what has been eating you up since the party? This is why you weren't talking to me?" I ask with concern." Mhh." She agrees." One of the reasons being I didn't know how to explain it to you. I was still going out with Jason and I had accepted Tyler's love. It was too complicated. I had decided to tell Jason first."

When his name pops up, her eyes go wide." Jason! How am I going to explain this to him, he saw me cheating on him?" It was my time to chuckle." Trust me I am sure he is satisfied with this turn of events." I say remembering his face when he left.

~~~•

I come out of the theatre after a long talk with Molly, confessing everything to her about what happened between me and Jason. She was unexpectedly fine with it all.

I find Jason leaning against the wall next to the door, waiting for me." So, how was it?" He says with a know- it- all tone in his voice." You knew it, didn't you? About Molly And Tyler?" I ask him and cross my hands in front of me.

He gets away from the wall and puts his hands in his pockets." I had my doubts , but I can assure you I had no idea that I would walk in on them while they were making out." He smirks.

" Well, I guess they are together, now that we have seen it.....I don't know." I say with my words completely dipped in doubt." I don't think they are the ones I am worried about." He runs his hand through his hair, hesitating to speak the next sentence." What about us?" He looks at me.

I give him a side grin." I think you have a new girlfriend now." I say teasingly. The joy that spreads through his eyes is so contagious that even I can't stop myself from giggling.

He instantly hugs me and picks me off the floor and twirls us both around in the middle of the hallway." Finally." He shrieks and puts me down. He tuckes a strand of hair behind my ear." You are all mine now."

I hug him again, still can't believing this is happening. Jason is my boyfriend, who would have thought. " Let's get inside now, shall we?" I say and turn towards the door. A hand around my waist stops me." Where do you think you're going?" He whispers in my ear." You owe me a kiss."

Before I can react, he turns me around and supports my back against the wall. He looks in my eyes for just a second before leaning in and kissing me firmly. I respond instantly as my hands go around his neck. I run one of my palms through his soft dark hair and relish the moment, knowing that now his lips only belong to me.

We have completely forgotten everything around us. The hallway, the theatre, the school. We even don't respond to the voice of a throat being cleared until the person coughs to get our attention. We break our kiss reluctantly and glare at the person who disturbed us.

We instantly soften our eyes when we recognize her." Looks like someone is enjoying the drama rehearsal." Mrs Hall says and smiles. Jason speaks first." Good morning Mrs hall, umm, we were just practicing the kiss." He says, not slacking his grip around my waist." Really Mr Miller, I didn't know there was a kiss of Erica and Nicholas in the play."

She laughs." Now please, I would like you two to drop your extra rehearsals and come join me inside for the regular ones." She goes inside after giving me a wink.

After she leaves, I turn my head towards Jason slowly. We look at each other for a minute and laugh loudly together. He finally places his head on mine and says," That is one thing off my bucket list, getting caught while kissing you."

I instantly blush and kiss him on the cheek." Let's go now before she sends someone else." He gives me an eskimo kiss.

We go inside the theatre with my hand looped in his, thinking how perfect this moment is and how better this all will get.

For those who don't know what eskimo kiss is, it's when you rub your nose left and right on the nose of other person.

Thank you all for being with me so far. Will update soon 😘