Chapter 8

Maxine's P.O.V

Regret and pure betrayal took over my emotions as I arrived in the loading docks, I continued to ignore the constant callings from the team. Reaching out I grab hold of a lever and pull it with ease, wind broke through the cracks as the loading dock opened. The wind blew harshly against me causing my hair to stick to my face, edging closer to the now open end of the plane, I glance behind me to see everyone behind me with worries on the face. but I know what they truly think of me, it felt like a knife cutting through me, turning round to face them I let out a small scoff.

"Is this what you want?" I ask then as I slowly walk backwards towards the open end of the plane. Before any of them could continue I closed my eyes and jumped, I allowed the air to consume me. Within seconds I felt my form change, my size shrank as long reddish brown and white feathers grew. I glued my eyes shut, refusing to look back at the people who  caused me more pain than hydra ever could. I had finally learned how to trust someone and they destroyed it, they destroyed the only hope I had left ever trusting anyone again.

The air was cool against my feathers as it found its way to push against my new body, spreading out my new large wings the air flowed through the feathers with ease as my body guided through the air. Slowing my self down in the air, I opened my talons as I took hold of a large branch of a nearby tree. Taking a deep breath I pushed myself off the branch as I began changing, my talons become small paws as they hit the ground. My feathers are now short black and white fur while floppy ears grow on my head.

My tail wags ever so slightly as I make my way along the ground with no set destination and no clue where I am

My tail wags ever so slightly as I make my way along the ground with no set destination and no clue where I am. Bringing my nose up into the air, familiar scents become known. Ignoring the fact I jumped out of a plane, the smell made me curious, my paws moved softly across the dirt ground as I weaved in and out of the forest trees growing closer to the scent.

I came to a sudden stop as a large clearing came to view, smells of different animals filled my nose. My eyes scanned the area filled of fences home of many animals I had never seen before, moving closer my eyes land on a small farm house. Hunger took over as the smell of food flowed from the house, my body seem as though it was possessed as I moved towards the house with quite speed.

My tail began to wag as I saw food cocking on a barbecue outside the front, glancing round I spot no-one around. Crawling closer I jump up onto a chair with made it easier for me to grab a few piece of meat thrown them down onto the floor before jumping down and start to eat the meat infant of me.

A growl escapes from me as a net finds it way over me, not wanting to reveal myself incase S.H.E.I.L.D or HYDRA to ever find me again I'm forced to stay in the puppy form. Violently I trie to brake free but seem very unsuccessful, giving up I lie down still trapped under the net deciding to see how this plays out. A firm grip takes hold of the scruff of my neck, lifting me off the ground with a sense of gentleness. Something soon began to stroke my head as I'm carried inside the farm house, the firm grip was release as my paw became in contact with a wooden flooring. My eyes looked up to see a tall well-built man, his dark hair was combed and cut as he stood towering over me with a small smile on his face.

A high pitch squeal soon caught my attention as I turned to see a small girl in the door way of the room, tilting my head to the side slightly I examine her. Her hair is as dark as the mans but much longer as it falls past her shoulders, as a smile spread across her face.

"A puppy!" She squeals feeling down and scratching behind my ear which I allow her to do

"A puppy!" She squeals feeling down and scratching behind my ear which I allow her to do. The sight of the small girl brought hope into me, my tongue hanging out my mouth panting from my running. Lifting my nose towards the girl I allow myself to take in her scent, red roses and strawberries. My tail begins to wag, hitting the side of the mans arm. "Can we keep her? Please, Matt!" The girls voice asked as I was slowly passed into her small arms. My wet nose brushed her arm, a giggle escaped the young girl.

"I'm sure we can make room for her, Maisie!" Matt spoke a smile playing on his lips.

************************************
Authors Notes

I'm so sorry for not updating, I've been really busy with tests. I hope you enjoy this chapter and I will try my hardest to keep updating regularly.

Carly Xxx