Separation

"That is it, we are getting a restraining order against her!" My mom said.

"But..."

"No buts, she is harassing you and is not good for your health, especially if you want to get better and get past this."

"Fine," I said, knowing there was no point in arguing against her about this.

"I'll be back," She said and left towards my parent's bedroom.

"Hey, dad, do you mind if Maya, Farkle, and Lucas stay over, I could use their company after today..."

"Of course, but, no funny business with Lucas, and door open." My dad said.

"Of course," 

"Riley!" I heard being called over and over again. I woke with a start, and it didn't take me long to remember what my dream was. Missy beating me up while Lucas watched and once she was done, they left, hand in hand. I tried asking my friends for help, but they told me to do it myself. Even Maya did.

"Lucas..." I said as I looked up and recognized my boyfriend standing over me.

"Hey, I'm here, it was just a nightmare."

"Yeah... a nightmare..." I said, thinking back to the dream.

"Missy?"

"Yeah..." I said and he looked at me sadly. "Stay with me?"

"I'm right here."

"I mean sleep with me."

"Your dad..."

"Let him be... I need company right now and Maya is asleep and you don't disturb a sleeping bear." I said and we both laughed silently.

"True. If I get in trouble, it's your fault." He said, but nonetheless got in my bed next to me and pulled me close to him. I put my head and listened to his heartbeat as I fell asleep.

A few days later...

"Hey, Riley, I have some news." My mom said.

"Yeah?"

"Well, in order to get the restraining order, they need you to go to court and give a testament."

"Why?"

"You're the main witness."

"Can other people witness, like Maya...?"

"Yeah, I'm happy to do so if it helps keep her away from Riley."

"No, it needs to be her."

"Please..."

"I will try to find a way around it, but I don't think there is. It's just a testimony, she won't be there. I promise."

"I really don't want to do this..." I said as I stood outside of the courtroom, waiting to go inside and give my side of the story. I had heard that Maya and Lucas gave one as well since they were big parts in it, but they still wanted to hear my story myself.

"It will be okay, just get through this, then it is over," Maya said, holding my hand for support.

"I know..."

"I'll be right here when you are done. I promise."

"I know you will."

"Riley Matthews, it is time." An official said and I nodded.

"Okay, bye Maya."

"Good luck, I love you."

"I love you too Maya."

"Congratulations, based on all the testimonies and evidence given to us, we have decided to give you the restraining order. She can no longer get within 1,000 feet of you." The judge said and dismissed us.

"Congrats Riley, she's is gone. For good!" Maya said and gave me a hug. 

"I know," I said and turned to Lucas and gave him a huge hug and a quick kiss before my parents got here.

"Now, you can heal..." Lucas said, "I know you can."

"With you, Maya, and Farkle by my side, I can do anything." I said and we left once my parents arrived.