Revenge

"Hey Riley!" Maya said walking in through the window.

"Hey!" I saod in my normal cheery voice. I hasn't done it in a while, not a real one anyway and it felt good.

"You seem better."

"I am,"

"Good. I'm glad." She said. "So, you and Lucas?"

"What about me and him?" I asked, blushing, I tried to hide or, but it didn't work.

"You know what? You back together...again...?"

"I don't know.."

"Okay...." She said and we headed to the living room. "Oh, and if she starts bullying you again, you come straight to me. Don't let her get to you."

"Who's bullying you?" My dad asked sternly.

"No one." I said.

"Riley....tell him..."

"He doesn't need to know...!!" I said, angry. I didn't want my parents to know, I knew exactly what would happen.

1. They would be angry for not telling them.
2. They would argue about being angry.
3. He would be angry at Missy and want revenge.
4. They would feel sorry for me.
5. They would tell me to be strong and ignore her.
6. They would forever pity me about it.

I didn't want to deal with this, I didn't want to argue, not with Maya. I wanted to be happy for once. I walked out without eating breakfast.

*Maya said POV*

"He doesn't need to know!!" Riley yelled and ran out. My heart broke. I knew she had insecurities, more than anyone. I knew how insecure she felt when Missy started to do this. I wanted to help, but didn't know how.

"Maya?" Mr. Matthews asked. "Is it true?"

"...yes..."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Is only found out. We only just stopped her."

"Her? Who?"

"It was..." I started to say and then I thought of Riley. The sound of her crying in the bathroom, how scared she is for us, and her anger a few minutes ago. I knew why she didn't want him to know. "It was no one. It doesn't matter now."

"Maya..."

"Look, it's over, she can't get to us anymore. We're fine. She's fine. We dealt with it. No one needs to know who she was."

"Okay...I understand."

*Later *

"Hey," I said walking up top the group. They wanted to talk to me without Riley, I knew why.

"What are we going to do?" Lucas asked.

"About what?" I asked, pretending to be dumbfounded.

"You know what!"

"I know." I said. "But you heard what Riley said, she will ruin us if we do anything."

"I don't care, it's Riley."

"I know, but she will ruin Riley too."

"I know. That's why we need leverage." Zay said.

"Yeah, but what."

"I don't know."

"Nothing. You will get nothing."

"Riley!" I exclaimed. I turned around and she was there.

"You will do nothing. Yes, she bullied me to stay away from you, but she doesn't need this. I don't wanna be her."

"But-" Lucas started to say. Riley walked up to him.

"Please. Don't do this. I don't want you to revert back to Texas Lucas."

"Okay. I won't."

"Thank you." She said and gave him a hug.

"I'm sorry."

"I'm know. I am too."

*Riley's POV*

"So, you told them?" Missy said appearing next to my locker.

"No. They figured it out."

"And how did they know it was me?"

"I-I don't know...I swear...I didn't tell them...I wouldn't do that...please don't do anything to them."

"I won't for now, but if you tell them again, you'll all regret it."

"Again?"

"Yes again..." She said and left.

"What was Missy saying?" Maya asked.

"She- she was..." I said and looked at Maya, I couldn't do that to her, I couldn't ruin her. "She was saying sorry."

"You sure? Your not lying?"

"No."

"Okay. Remember, you can come to me, okay. You will, won't you?"

"Yes. Of course." I lied. She couldn't know. I loved her to much to be that selfish.